DWC air pump question

I thought DWC only required air-stones, do you have a picture of the system will look like when setup? 150 GALLONS per hour is your pump-size, it will work fine if it is used just to circulate the water in your 5 GALLON buckets. You are asking about an air-pump or water pump with Venturi air-jet? Here is a link to a pic of typical DWC set up, all you need is a small air-pump, I would use a separate pump for each bucket because air-stones tend to clog and this would make uneven air distribution if you want to feed 4 buckets with one pump. I'd need more info to guess more than this, I'll keep an eye on your thread.:peace:
Show off your Deep Water Culture Grow

are we talking AIR pump or WATER pump? please convert your L/H to GPH (G/H) numbers, system used with the 420 member majority USA units of measure, this will help us both.no meters, no liters, no Cecius. I noticed you use some metric mixed our standard numbers for temp. Thanks no intent to offend crosspond growers!:thanks:

ok :) its air pump, for bubbler bucket, I'm using 5" round air stone, its 38.4 G/H pump I picked out now for each 4gal bucket, 2 plants in each bucket, only for the first grow, second grow I add 2 more buckets with a pump each as well then I have 1 plant each bucket, they all be 38.4G/H if that is good enough, if not I go higher...

its been a few years since I been at this hobby :)

the very last grow I did was 4 gallon bucket 4 plants 480w CCFLs, 30G/H air pump

one plant didnt come out so well, only has like 10grams :D

total about 5.5 ounces, the box was rather small, 1m x 1m x 1.4m, after putting in lights fans and filters you dont have much space left in it, and I wasn't sure if I have enough root space nor enough air pumping, but they were very healthy looking and was very nice smoke :)

this time.... 2m x 2m x 2m Tent, 2 blue 2 red ccfl's around 900 watts total

the CCFL are loan from a friend which switched to LEDs, just to get me going for now till I have the fund for a Full LED setup..

some say litres and some say gallons but all of them have the watt rating and I personally like to use the formula of 2 watts per gallon minimum.Right now I have a 35 watt pump in a 5 gallon dwc bucket and its producing super bubbles:)

I have seen some post saying 1 watt per gallon but I have also seen root problems associated with low oxygen levels...hope this helps..

Solo

how is the sound with the venturi system? I have my grow on a 2nd floor appartment and the buckets send sound downstairs thats terrible. I have used rubber mats and all the tricks, maybe using this would remove the vibration?

Back
Top Bottom