Leaf discoloration in dwc

Mike1230

image18556.858262
Hello, I've just started my first DWC grow after always growing outdoor in soil in the past. I'm running Tahoe OG, cheese, and white widow. I'm in a 3x3 tent under a 600 watt mh, running technaflora nutes with added cal mag, hydroguard, zho and pro-tekt. My water temps are 60-70, air temp is between 74-82 with lights on, 65 roughly with lights off, rh is 40-50% using a humidifier. I'm at the start of wk 2 veg and was using RO water with ppm of 350 after adding nutes and ph'ing to about 5.6 and had just stepped my ppm up to 550 a couple days ago when I switched my Rez water. Yesterday I began to notice a discoloration but plants look good still but today the discoloration got worse so I'm a bit worried. I already changed my Rez water back to 350 ppm. Also, I should mention when I changed the Rez to 550 ppm nutes a few days ago I used 1 gallon of tap for every 3 of RO to add some minerals but I fear that was my mistake. So today like i said I switched back to RO and backed down the ppm a bit. So here are the pics, any help would be greatly appreciated! The first pic is the discoloration the others are of the other plants and my setup.
image18556.858262
image18557.858263
image18558.858265
image18555.858261

Sounds like a good move so far, should respond, keep it simple, nutes are geared for RO unless stated, also I had that issue took me awhile to figure out it started when I upgraded air pump and stone's, had to back my ppms down a good bit, more air better uptake I guess, so a lot of things can cause issues, so best to keep things simple and work up..

How's it doing

Just saw your water temp is 60 that's a little cold, mine stay 68 to 70

They're doing so much better now. I'm not sure but think the problem was simply that my humidifier was getting mist on my plant causing the leaves to burn from amplified light. Also, I'm sticking with RO water now so that may have helped but they're looking great! End of wk 2, just topped all 4 and am starting LST. Here's how they looked before topping, will post more later.
image19002.jpg
image19002.jpg

I already changed to hps from mh today to let them adjust to the new spectrum but was gonna flip to 12/12 Monday

Hey just wanted to say congrats...and one thing extra.

My understanding is you get less stretch with MH than HPS. So I was thinking it would be better to change the lights after stretch. I wouldn't know though as I have always just run HPS the whole time and had no problems. I am going to run a dual arc for veg next time and see if that helps stretch and switch after that is done to HPS.

Good job though best of luck!!!

Yea best to have each in Flower room, you can switch it at first sign of flowers, about two weeks from light switch with seeds.

Hey guys, sorry for not posting anything in a while and thanks for the good karma. But I may have a bit of an issue, one of my girls I'm afraid may be a male. I got fem seeds but these growths don't look right. All my others are female but not sure about this one, any help would be much appreciated.
image21184.jpg
see how there is 2 calyx or male flowers there? There is more than one questionable growth at most nodes, I'm thinking its a guy, I want to be positive tho so any help would b great

I think it's some sort of leafy growth, not a male flower. This is another plant with the same thing but more advanced.
image21196.jpg
I hope all of them aren't hermi. No light leaks, but I did turn the light on for a second an hr early on daylight savings day but turned em right back off when I reali not even 10 seconds they were on. That's it though nothing else stressful

Mike you should make a grow journal and document all these problems so you can come back to it to see how far you come and so other people can learn off you and get the help from experience growers!

Hey guys, I think my plants are ready to start flushing. They are on day 50, was gonna flush at day 56 and harvest at 70. I'm growing Tahoe OG, white widow and cheese. Here's a pic of the Tahoe, but all look like they will finish the same time or close. What do you think, flush next Friday or wait another wk? And I will definitely do a journal next grow.
image23094.jpg

Hey guys, I think my plants are ready to start flushing. They are on day 50, was gonna flush at day 56 and harvest at 70.

Have you taken a look at the triches with a magnifier? Are they still clear, cloudy, or amber? Just wondering how far along they are (besides days in flower).

Yea, they're about all cloudy. Also, before lights out I noticed a couple nanners on my widow. I'm on day 59 of an intended 70 days, no need to worry about seeds this late, right? I plucked them and lightly misted (realized after misting I may have mad a mistake by risking mold) I'm planning on just letting it finish, unless that sounds like a bad idea to anyone

Bump... What do you think? Leave the nanner making widow to finish up a little more or chop it? My Tahoes look outstanding and only have about 2 wks tops left and are in the same tent

I wouldn't chop this late in the game, you're pretty close to harvest (and could even harvest right now if you want, would just give you a different high). My last grow, I had a few nanners show up, but the overall harvest went great.
If your triches are cloudy, you're probably at a good time to start a flush, and let the last two weeks turn them to a slight amber. Your plant is looking good even with some slight discoloration, and should have enough minerals in the leaves and stems to carry it through to the end.

Back
Top Bottom