DWC Plant Help?

sexymanwilly

420 Member
Hey guys,
I am about 2 months into my crop, when i changed the water in the buckets 1 of my plants is acting like shes not getting enough water, leaves are drooping down and going lifeless, ph levels are perfect, the roots look good so far, and my 3 other plants are doing really well.
Anyone have any ideas??

20150903_192156.jpg
20150903_192207.jpg

She has reacted bad to the sudden lowering of her roots salt levels. Shade her from strong light and mist her leaves with water or very mild nutes and with any luck she will perk back up.

Same thing happened with my DWC girl and she's now the star of my grow show. Pics on the first page in my sig.

Good luck!

L8r

She has reacted bad to the sudden lowering of her roots salt levels. Shade her from strong light and mist her leaves with water or very mild nutes and with any luck she will perk back up.

Same thing happened with my DWC girl and she's now the star of my grow show. Pics on the first page in my sig.

Good luck!

L8r

awesome thank you for your advice! She is looking a lot better,(little late on reply, computer crapped out)

Good luck!

L8r

I did have one more question, recently another one of my plants is starting to look a little odd, any ideas?

20150913_214337.jpg
20150913_214351.jpg
20150913_214404.jpg

I've saw a few of these, its either genetic defect but normally doesn't effect yield, just don't take cutts off it.

Or it could have been in 12/12 or on a windowsill and the plant has been re_vegged...

That plant is flowering so those single-bladed leaves are pretty normal. Did you mean to flower it or is it an auto?

L8r

That surely isn't the first res change you done, 2 months in??? Salt build-up levels you guys are talking about? Surely if that's the case it's got to be 1 part nutes like isotonic so the feed doesn't go bad... Salt build-up? Surely you can't just top it up for 2 month, the salts will be acting as a buffer in the water screwing with all kinds of factors. Doesn't a plant use up what it needs then leave the Shi1te behind, every time you top up they'll be getting a build-up in ec of plant-wastage every time you top up???

Please elaborate, I've just made a 4 pot Dwc for the first time, I plan on moving them to a (nft table converted) 4 pot Wilma system with clay balls... The 4 plants in the dwc seem to be adjusting, they've just come out the propogator

Edit: I'll obviously not be letting them get rootbound in the dwc it was just to try it so I could kick start the 4 rooted lsd's out the propogator to get enough roots to handle the drippers... So first attempt @ dwc... Seems to be doing alright.... Touch wood lol

Salt build up levels happen in dirt grows more than DWC Wizzileaks.

I've done complete grows in DWC from clone to crop without changing the nutes and got great yields.

Plants do exude some stuff through their roots but they don't poop in the water. Just need to monitor the ppm and add more nutes as they use them up.

L8r

Salt build up levels happen in dirt grows more than DWC Wizzileaks.

I've done complete grows in DWC from clone to crop without changing the nutes and got great yields.

Plants do exude some stuff through their roots but they don't poop in the water. Just need to monitor the ppm and add more nutes as they use them up.

L8r

No but say they uptake different levels of mag to boron 1 week, when you go to top it up they'll be a fluxuation in nute levels e.g the shite it leaves behind, what the plant didn't soak up the week before, obviously this should gradually get worse with topping up as their is different levels of minerals/micronutes/macronutrients left

Just a fyi I'm well pleased with how me temp_dwc went to get them rootbound enough for the Wilma, been in the Wilma all day, settling in nicely.

I see what you mean about something being used and not others leading to problems with too much of something causing problems with others. I think that is less likely to happen when using nutes engineered specifically for cannabis like AN nutes are. With a more general hydro nute designed to grow a wide range of other plants there is a better likelihood of problems I would think but not having tried any others I couldn't say for certain.

I never noticed any problems and being the poor old cheapskate Scotsman that I am I like the idea of saving lots of money on RO water and nutes. Being lazy to boot I also like the idea of not lugging all that water up and down the stairs. :)

How are things going with your plants now?

L8r

Back
Top Bottom