Seedlings question for watering and light

Tallgeese

so i have some seedlings right now only 1"-2" tall their roots arent long enough yet to get the water in the DWC. how far down should the water be from the net pots?

Also how often should I water these seedling?

And should I have my 600w light at full power or 50% or 75%?

1 inch above the bottom of the basket, some where around there. When the seedlings get to around 4 to 6 inches, Put them in there new home and drop the water level just below the basket. I'm not sure what media you are using. I use clay pebbles, and belive it or not there is some moisture that draws up in the pebbles that will feed them. Now some people say not to put nutes in for about 10 days, Myself I put the nutes in same day I plant. Hope this helps. Good Luck
P.S as far as watering the seedlings, again I don't know how you are germinating the seeds, I do it in a wet paper towel, so just keep them wet not soaking. The more info you supply will make it easier for us to help you. pics would help as well. Good Luck

i have the watter level 3' below the nets and i have 2 air stones going and when i pull the net pot out there is moisture on the clay pebbles and the rockwool. could this be good enough for now?

i have the watter level 3' below the nets and i have 2 air stones going and when i pull the net pot out there is moisture on the clay pebbles and the rockwool. could this be good enough for now?

Not sure why you want the water level 3 inches below the bottom of the nets, but that might be ok. Now when you put them into the pots you will want to raise the water level to 1 inch above the bottom of the nets, this and the water bubbles poping will ensure that the new babies get properly fed. As far as the light goes, 12 to 18 inches above the plants is recommend. Full strength should not hurt them. Just keep an eye on them and adjust the light as needed. Don't stress about it, normally these plant can handle a lot.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ok so I raised the water up to 1" past the bottom of the 3" net pots. So I'm at a total of 17 gallons in my 18 gallon tub. cant figure out how to post a pic from my phone to here.

Ok so I raised the water up to 1" past the bottom of the 3" net pots. So I'm at a total of 17 gallons in my 18 gallon tub. cant figure out how to post a pic from my phone to here.

You sound a little aggravated, I'm just relating information to you from my experience and what I have read.
It doesn't mean you have to do it.
Sorry , I don't know how to upload with a phone. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Oh no I'm not aggravated. I just didn't think I would have had to fill it all the way to the top like that. Lol. Do you know anything about the grow room temp? Like where I should put the thermometer. Right now I have on sitting on a 5 gallon bucket next to the DWC and it's getting hit by the 600w and its reading 80F and the other one that I have strapped to the roof support is reading 78F. Should I get a fan to go in the room as well?

Oh no I'm not aggravated. I just didn't think I would have had to fill it all the way to the top like that. Lol. Do you know anything about the grow room temp? Like where I should put the thermometer. Right now I have on sitting on a 5 gallon bucket next to the DWC and it's getting hit by the 600w and its reading 80F and the other one that I have strapped to the roof support is reading 78F. Should I get a fan to go in the room as well?

If u can the middle of the room is the best place, but as long as the temp is around 78 to 80 it will fine
YES, get a fan, Don't over crowd the plants, but get the biggest one that will fit in your grow area. Air movement is a must. Keeps air from becoming stale and will strengthen the stems on the plants. You want them strong enough to hold the buds in place.
Are you able to circulate the air? What I mean by that is can you get the air to come in at one side and out the other?
About your pics, all I can think to do is take pics with your phone and send your self an email with them attached to it.
I like showing off my girls, so here is a couple of pics of my girls and my grow set up
9-16-2015_002.JPG
9-16-2015_004.JPG
Grow_room_0033.JPG

Think it's been answered already but keep a bout a inch of water in bottom of net pot as the roots grow down lower water level every thing will stay moist from the air bubbles

Back
Top Bottom