What would yield more bud in this situation?

Magicmatt253

I was thinking about making my own hydroponics DWC setup. I dont know what i should make though. After watching the 15 pounds in 80 days video i thought about just making 4 18 gallon totes with six 3" net pots. I was also thinking instead of making 4 18 gallon totes with a single 8" net pot in each one. I have 2 1000w lights as well in case anyone is wondering. This is my first grow so im kinda nervous about hydroponics, but IMO it seems like the best way to go. Also should i get the golfball bubble stones or the 4" cylindrical stones? i was gonna put two in each tote.

Anyways what would yield more bud overall? I am using AK-47 Clones

Since no one is answering this I will respond...

If you are not using Auto flowers then it kind of doesn't matter it is more about time to completion. If you use a SCROG with a normal plant you can veg it long enough to get pounds out of it. If you want to get done fast you use many plants and grow them straight up and bud fast. A SOG is a great example of that.

If you are growing for yourself you can get enough out of one grow and 4 plants with a SCROG for a year. If you are in it just to grow as fast as you can then read up on how to SOG.

None of this matters if you are a newbie.

I never recommend starting your journey into this with a hydro set up for many reasons. For one you have to learn almost everything you need to learn to grow in soil plus a bunch of other stuff for Hydro all at once. Not to mention that a ton of money will go into the hydro set up and nutes that you can avoid with a good supper soil and fabric pot.

I have never lost a hydro grow or had any real problems with it because I did soil for years first. I know what plants should look like and what early signs of problems look like. There are lots of people who will tell you stories about all the headaches they have suffered for making what they later find out are basic obvious mistakes. The worst is to get 4 months and tons of cash into a grow and have it all fail.

Soil is just way easier for newbies... That said DWC is easy for people who know what they are doing... but that usually comes with experience not research.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom