Best way IMO to lower temps in single DWC systems

rshackleferd

420 Member
I have done the ice bottles, tubing, and etc. and nothing compares or even comes close to the iceprobe and lowes five gallon cooler. It takes roughly twenty minutes to set up, remove the drain from the cooler expand the hole to fit the iceprobe "homemade iceprobes are very cheap" through then connect a thermostat and your on auto pilot from now on, no more worrying about temps...ever. It runs about 5 to 7 hours a day sometimes more sometimes less at 50 watts. In the middle of summer temps stay at 68F even when the temps reach 95F+. I made a homemade iceprobe for $25 bucks, you can get all your parts on ebay or google shopping. The homemade one i made even works better because i can control the amount of power. The iceprobes do not have any moving parts besides the fan and have a lifespan of over 100,000 hours.

That's amazing. I always though that would work. I would try to have the grow room no higher than 90f but if it became a problem this seems way more simpler than a chiller with a mag pump and tubing. I've also used insulated coolers and they work great for dwc. A must have if your struggling with temps.

Back
Top Bottom