EC not changing

gangadoctor

guys and gals... i have a question i need help with please?...

i'm in week 7 flower running in a rdwc system and everything has been fine and all my plants are healthy and strong etc. just one thing bothering me...

my ec level (2.5 (base 0.8)) is not moving. it's been the same for 7 days now. my ec metre is fine - all checked and calibrated - and as i say the plants are all fine too. the ph hasn't changed either so i'm thinking the girls aren't drinking but they look healthy and on track.

does anyone know what's going on? i've never experienced this before. at first i thought maybe it was a lockout but there are no symptoms or issues... do the plants stop feeding at this stage?

ta

Well the question needs more clarification. If the water is going down and the concentration is not changing and you are just topping off with same concentration then you have the ideal situation. If the water is staying the same and the EC is dropping then there is a problem. If the Water is dropping and the EC is dropping faster or Raising there is a problem.

Static EC with constant water uptake means you have dialed in the correct concentration for the amount of photosynthesis going on.

What you are describing to me sounds ideal. I strive for a stable pH and a constant concentration with reasonable uptake of water. My res I usually can go more than a month with almost no pH adjustments just topping off daily or every other day depending on the stage of growth and I adjust the concentration to match the photosynthesis so that it stays constant with water uptake. That is the ideal situation.

hi village idiot. i've sorted the problem now. basically i emptied some of the water out and just filled with plain ph'd tap water till my ec dropped to about 1.7. i think my ec was too high. i've learned from this it's better to have a lower ec and and just watch it and top it up rather than over do it. thanks for your input though mate

absolutely better to have it low and not high. You can't hurt it running a bit low. Running high can cause all sorts of problems.

Back
Top Bottom