2nd grow yield question - Should I add more lighting?

shazambooka

420 Member
Hello all!!

I'm starting my 2 grow, my first turned out GREAT with the quality but not happy with the Quantity.

My first set up was organic and I did REALLY well with it, decided to try a DWC set up this time hoping for more yield and shorter harvest time of coarse.

so my questions are:
I have a 32x32x60 grow tent 600 watt led light, if I add a 400 watt mh/hps light to this set up will it be a good and worthy combo or will it be too much light for my size tent, # plants and so on?

I will have.

2 plants in my dwc - 1 white widow and 1 Diavolo auto
4 Organic - 3 gal pots 1 WWA, 1 Diavolo Auto, 2 Berry Bomb auto in 3 gallon pots
Going to keep the light cycle on 20/4 in veg and 18/20 in flower

Also will this be too crowded? Or with the extra wattage and total light coverage make this grow a success?

Will it be beneficial to me to take my lighting from 600 watt to 1000 watt using this light combo, with those amount of plants?

Thanks for any and everyone's advice in advance!! All is taken into consideration :thanks:

For me that is alot of plants in that area. I think the 2 dwc is plenty. Hard to say because I don't know the yeild and number of plants you ran before. In my opinion, 2 dwc will fill your tent. The dwc will overgrow the soil in no time. Personally I would run one dwc. Hard to really say since you are running autos. As for the light, what brand? The 600w led is more like 300w, it should be ok to run both but be prepared to pull one out. I run diy leds but in your case the 400 mh would do better than the 600w led.

Thanks for your reply and a straight forward answer to my questions.

My last grow I did 4 plants in 3 gal pots, the plants only grew to 12 inches high (not all either just 2) and I yielded a 1/4 - 1/2 ounce or less with each plant.

I was thinking I could take 4 3 gal in soil and put them in the 4 corners of my tent and put the dwc in the middle and the organics will grow around the DWC? thta's why I was asking if the added light would be needed.

Do you think that my 1st organic grow didn't get all that big in height or much yield because of the LED? Your personal opinion about the quality of the LED's?

I have read a lot of stuff from any posts and see a lot of people saying that the MH/HPS is a better way to go, my thought when picking and purchasing the LED's was the energy conservation.

its kind of too late for me to turn back I have 4 organics 1 white widow auto, 1 diavolo auto and 2 berry ryder already germinated and sprouted and my 2 seedlings 1 WWA & 1 Diavolo I was going to put in the DWC have already sprouted in the rapid rooters, I hope I am not going to jeopardize any of them.

maybe I should think about adding another lil tent for the organics since they won't grow as tall as the DWC?

So sorry so many questions but these are all swarming in my head and I appreciate the guidence. :thumb:

Thanks for the reply!!

BEAUTIFUL grow you go going there, THAT''S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! THAT'S WHERE i WANT TO BE.

Clarity on your comment DWC will take longer to harvest then soil.. Do you mean because I will have more yield to harvest or they will take more time getting to harvest day?

Is your white widow in dwc an auto or photo? Just asking because I have 2 ww growing in dwc in a 3x2x6 tent and it is filled from side to side and front to back because of all the supercropping and lst i did. It is in 2nd week of flower and im hoping it doesnt stretch much because i am getting tight for room.
That does seem like a lot of plants for the area, to me.
Edit: just saw your last post. All autos. I think a second tent would be a good idea.

Ok you have made me make up my mind. Ill get a second tent and another light for the organics. Thanks!!

Since I have this 600 watt led already and it did a pretty good job on the first harvest (quality not quantity though) should I use the LED for the organic tent/grow and get a new 600 watt mh/hps for the dwc tent?

The led, assuming it is a spiderman light, red and blues, the hps will out perform it but you will bring heat with it. I have never used the lec315 or lec630 but that is how I would go in your situation. You will get the performance of a 600w hps from the 315 and have roughly the same heat as your 600w led. The lec315 will be a bit more expensive than the hps but I think it is worth it. Also, I am sure I will be called out on this but...typically autos don't yeild as well as photos so as long as you run autos....don't expect a ton of yeild.

Thanks for the reply!!

BEAUTIFUL grow you go going there, THAT''S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! THAT'S WHERE i WANT TO BE.

Clarity on your comment DWC will take longer to harvest then soil.. Do you mean because I will have more yield to harvest or they will take more time getting to harvest day?

They will take longer to get there. When they do you will have more to harvest also.:)

Back
Top Bottom