Nutrient Line Comparisons

closetcase420

I was thinking about trying out the AN line for my next grow. I took a list of products to my local hydro store and they essentially talked me out of the products stating they are overpriced and easily replaced by other cheaper lines.

With that being said I started to put together a spreadsheet comparing the products from AN, GH, and Botanicare to list what is equivalent to what.

I've been searching and reading for the last couple nights and I'm having a difficult time trying to match up product to product from one line to the other. Can anyone assist in completing my list?

5-15-2016_12-47-22_PM.png

BTW.. VI when you read this I am going to brew your tea after I run out of nutrients. I'd like to have a side discussion regarding using the brew.. Does the tea replace everything other than the base nutrients? If I run the tea do I ditch my chiller? Can I run the chiller at 72 degrees and use the tea? What makes the most sense?

LOL

I know you just PM'd me and you stated you are building up a new journal and wanna talk there. But somewhere in the first 2 maybe 3 pages of this forum is a thread where maybe a year or so back I listed out all the best things you could use to replace AN.

But lets just do it again in your journal.

The real expensive stuff from AN we can make ourselves in the with the EWC tea and be done.

The only real difference is marketing as all of them "work". A decent grower can get great results with any product line if used correctly.

Some of those products also are great for if you make a mistake. Some of those are great for if you don't load the nute profile correctly so they fix that.

So if you don't make mistakes and doing things a bit more complex (as you do) then you can eliminate some of those products.

The Nirvana and Bud Factor X we make on the side ourselves.

Nirvana is cheap for what it is so that is not to bad to skip and just buy. Bud factor X is stupidly expensive for being what it is. So that we make at home. I mean I would gladly buy it if they charged some reasonable price but I basically make it for free and they charge something like $60 a bottle.

If you want to really do it cheaper there are some products I have used that are awesome that you wouldn't believe me work great and get you results as good as AN. But again remember...you can make any program work.

What people like about AN is no fuss no muss. But they are also typically tossing the res weekly. Well then you can say that for just about any program where you are tossing weekly.

The other reason people like it is the pH buffers (which only last about 5 days) so they toss it weekly. But you don't need pH buffers for how you are planning to be growing. You are going to be running live. So you will be able to run the res 4 weeks, maybe longer and just top off every so often... that is a different method then dumping weekly.

Back
Top Bottom