Need some advice please

Killahkid96

I have 3 bc God bud plants growing in grodan rockwool blocks they look overwatered and they are stunted. Growing unbearably slow I use 5.5 ph water on them and use the complete fox farm line I've let the rockwool dry out some but none of my symptoms are getting better please help me out if u have some advice
420-magazine-mobile380536731.jpg
420-magazine-mobile960496301.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1759500213.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks like a root issue to me. I don't grow in cubes tho. So maybe a cube grower will stop by.

I would be putting them into little baskets in my spray cloner till they recovered.

Thanks man I changed up the nutrients a little and added some peroxide to the water hoping the added h202 might help the roots

That one is actually rooted to the bigger block pretty well but if u look close u can see little white areas on the rw do u think that could be salt build up from the nutrients ?

It may be rooted through the bottom, into the bigger rw cube, that's not enough... Having the air space on the sides of the smaller rw cube turns it into an air pruning rw cube.. You have eliminated 80 percent of the space available for the roots to grow out into, until they reach the larger cube.... It starts the plant off at a disadvantage... The better care you take of your girls, the better care they will take of you... That's just my take on it, personally i think rw is some nasty shit to grow in...
The white could be either hard water or nutes... What ppm are you feeding.... How old are the plants?

The ppm is low because I use ro water it's usually 500-700 ppm and ima fill that space in the rw this is my second attempt at rw I've had numerous successful soil grows ima prolly switch back to what ik

I have a dwc but it's not a good one it doesn't have a drain and it doesn't recycle

fwi. .prolly wouldn't hurt to cover the Rockwood ...so just the plant sticks out....the light will cause bad alge if it comes into contact with the water....which is in contact with the roots..and water...

Sent from my SM-G360V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

fwi. .prolly wouldn't hurt to cover the Rockwood ...so just the plant sticks out....the light will cause bad alge if it comes into contact with the water....which is in contact with the roots..and water...

Sent from my SM-G360V using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Thanks I gave up on rockwool for now and went back to what I know and now they are thriving
420-magazine-mobile640160825.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1322135945.jpg

FWIW, rockwool holds more water than you would think. It is very easy to overwater a small plant in a larger block. It will cause stunted growth, and yellowing of leaves. Common mistake when seeing that is to overfertilize and overwater again, ending in a not so pretty failure. In soil the girls look great. :)

Edit: I currently have some small plants in rw and solo cups. I had to relearn that lesson too. Now I weigh them each day until I know they are dry before I hand water....using a shotglass. :) Drop by my journal and have an eyeball.

I agree the only reason I transplanted then so early is because the developed root rot and I thought they would start growing again after I did lol when I have more space to grow I wanna try it again but for now soil is treating me well and thank you for the advice :)

Moving to coco/perlite was the right thing to do, they look like they're thriving now.... Coco/perlite is just drain to waste hydro... So you're really not doing soil, you're still in the hydro realm... I have had to switch from rdwc, to coco/perlite in the summer... That was before i bought a small chiller.. I get a little less with the coco/perlite, maybe 20-25% less yield.. My mixed hydro thread had two plants in rdwc, and two in coco/perlite....

Do u guys let ur plants grow as is or do u lst them I been thinking bout lst some even no its a little late but it can still be done

Do u guys let ur plants grow as is or do u lst them I been thinking bout lst some even no its a little late but it can still be done

I generally let mother nature have her way with mine, but I have the advantage of being able to grow a 53" Plant before I run out of room.

Back
Top Bottom