DWC pH and PPM dropping?

HerbGrower233

420 Member
I am running DWC and I am 30 days into veg now. The ph and ppm keeps dropping I know if your ppm drops and Ph goes up or stable you add more nutes but what do you do if ph and ppm drops.

I am using GH nutes yesterday I gave 600ppm and ph was 5.9 - 6.0 this morning I checked and was 511ppm and ph 5.0 - 5.1 what does that mean?

High HerbGrower233 and :welcome: to 420!

PPM should drop as the plants eat up the nutes tho I've always found that my pH tends to climb rather than drop. I've been using AN pH Perfect nutes for a couple years now and never bother checking the pH anymore. Just bought 3 gallons of their 3-part and a big jar of Big Bud for this winter's growing.

What kind of water are you using? I stick strictly to RO or distilled water for DWC or plants I grow in ProMix.

You are aware that GH is not the best line to use and since they got bought out by Scotts Miracle Grow/Monsanto they should be off every pot growers shopping list. I've been using AN since '01 and never had any of the nute problems I see with GH and other, cheaper, products. I don't fall for all the hype about supplements and only use a couple like Rhino Skin, Big Bud and a wee bit of CalMag in my efforts. Tried OverDrive for a bit but didn't see any big improvement so stopped using it when I ran out last year.

The Rhino Skin is a keeper tho. Seem to have much stronger stems with better overall health and lots more sugar on the buds using silica with my grows.

:peace:

OK I found the problem so for anyone els maybe facing ph and ppm drop it was down to salt build up in the hydroton I flushed 5 liters of clean water through the net pots from top changed my res and boom ph going up again.

Back
Top Bottom