Want to try DWC - Need help

thedude69

I'm looking at some dwc systems. Like the one in the picture. Is this a good way to go? Or is there a better way? Am I missing something? I am new to this method so sorry if I sound like a rookie .
420-magazine-mobile1088911107.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Want to try DWC. Need help

My thoughts are that a lot of guys seem to have trouble with keeping buckets cool and controlling root rot. At least that's what I was afraid of after researching a bit and ultimately deciding to use ebb and flow instead. Custom built flood tables are super easy to make and I have personally murdered plants in soil but never a problem in hydro.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I run buckets just like those(i bought that very set) and have no issues (now anyways) with them. They work great and are very easy to use if you have the right stuff and know a little bit about what your doing.

Now with that being said. The reason it is easy for me now is because I live in the US and can get z7 water treatment.

That takes care of all the root issues. I run Kind Botanicare with z7 and tap water with LED lights. It is hard for me to imagine there is an easier more sure fire way of growing.

Those are good buckets.

But you really do not need that side hose. It is very hard to read and all you need to do is slide the top over a little to look inside.

So you could just get plain black buckets if you wanted. Also that is a crappy pump that will not last very long and makes to much noise for me.

GH dual diaphragm air pump is by far the best little pump I have ever had and I have had many. It will put out twice what that one will and it will last and last.

A good ppm/ph meter is a most.

I came from dirt and I am never going back...

This was exactly wwhat I was looking for!! Thanx man!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I use the same type system. When the outside temps are up and it causes heat issues in my tent, I use Hydroguard 2ml/gal and keep pearly white roots, even with 78 degree solution. Blazing fast growth and huge yields. Best advice I can give you about running dwc....pH buffered nutrients. I use Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect MGB. I never check pH. My grows are done with a ppm meter only. There are other brands but AN is the only one I have used myself and can speak of. If you need help later hit me up on my journal, linked below. I'm always willing to assist if I can.

Rifleman and Duke definitely know what they are talking about. I took both of their advice for my new grow and it is exploding in veg right now.
Those buckets should work, I have similar ones, just without the side hose. I have a better pump, mine is around 980ish GPM. With two air stones in each bucket.
I use z7 and Advanced Nutrients Nutes

Keep doing a lot of research, there is a lot to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I love DWC! Super big, super fast. I swear by hydroguard and AN Ph perfect trio and a few of their other additives. A good airpump is one of the best things you can invest in. These guys won't steer you wrong.

Back
Top Bottom