Pruning

stpalmer01

Hi i'm a first time grower and I'm growing two chocolope plants using my aerogarden, they have grown bigger than my light and I have already bought a higher stand with light.
I have a lot of big leaves on the top that are covering the light, and creating shade to the lower part of the plants. Should i start cutting off some of the bigger leaves or not, I read up and down the internet and all the pros and cons. I'm in the early stages of the flowering stage. Just want some more experienced information. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi i'm a first time grower and I'm growing two chocolope plants using my aerogarden, they have grown bigger than my light and I have already bought a higher stand with light.
I have a lot of big leaves on the top that are covering the light, and creating shade to the lower part of the plants. Should i start cutting off some of the bigger leaves or not, I read up and down the internet and all the pros and cons. I'm in the early stages of the flowering stage. Just want some more experienced information. thanks

How far are the plants?
U can also take the leaf u want to remove. take pointing finger n thumb press it hard and bend the stem from the leaf so that it comes in a vertical position ( next to te main stem)
U have any pic?
Regards

Sent from my SM-N9005 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I remove big leaves that block the light getting to the bud sights and try to get more light going down into the plant.

420-magazine-mobile928021938.jpg

i'm getting a grow tent on friday or saturday and also a bigger DWC

I got my grow tent and waiting for my light to come in and a exhaust after christmas. But does anybody know, what might be a reason why the leaves are hanging down. Especially the lower leaves, not sure if it's because, there is not enough light, my ph is about 6, and I just started to use some flowering nutrients.

Since my tank right now only hold 1 liter of water, i add water about 2 days or less, so i try to keep an eye on my ph, the last time it was at about a 5, and than i raised it a. it. but normally i'm looking at 6 or little higher. And about 1 week or 1 1/2 I add new water with flowering nutrients.

I started to prune some fan leaves, to ensure more light gets to the buds

I am kinda against pruning for budsite exposure. Bc that's your plants armor and also its way to breath. I prefer to bend and make a even canopy to get light everywhere.

Sent from my SM-J320P using 420

Make sense, only did it to the one on the left, will see how that works out, but i will keep that in mind for future plants. thanks

Do you keep the pump running at night or do you turn it of with the light?

Thank you duke, by any chance do you know if I should use peroxide to clean out the tank and rinse of the roots for a couple hours, before adding more or new nutrients?

I use z7 water treatment and don't use any kind of cleaner's anymore.

I used just about everything at one time or another before I found it.

The z7 takes care of all of that and makes DWC much easier.

There is no need to flush until the end when using it.

Back
Top Bottom