Grandma's secret grow garden

EarleyBirdBud

I'm growing in a grow box bought from dealzers.com. I just finished some autos and the bud came out great just not a big yield. Plants didn't get nearly as tall as I wanted but two of them did decent other 7 were super short. I'm having trouble understanding if I should have only my veg mode on with my LED in the seedling (weeks 1-3) stage or if I should be going full spectrum from start to finish. Any input would be great. Using a mars hydro led 150 watt light. Growing Tyron special autos.
420-magazine-mobile1235830813.jpg
that was the.l best of all 9 I grew. Weighed 56.4 wet 20 gs dry. Lmk any tips also need help with density.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Also this a deep water setup. Using rockwool to start my seedling which I think is my biggest problem. My success ratio on starting them up isn't very high. HELP

Look into Rapid Rooter plugs , they are suggested to me by people who have poor results or otherwise do not like using RockWool

In my opinion your DWC system is better suited to starting plants then growing to maturity

I highly suggest you buy a 5 gal black bucket with a 6 inch net pot lid to fit , or for a lower space and smaller plant use a 3.5 gal black bucket with the same size net pot lid.

If I do that I'm eliminating like a foot of canopy space though. I think the res is ok. Rapid rooters sound like a really good call though.

I'm getting a tent soon and the buckets will be a major key to bigger yields for sure.

Its important to have enough root space between plants that tray has them packed like sardines I think its designed for lettuce or something along those lines.

A 5g bucket is 14" tall 12" wide a 3g is about 10" tall 12" wide , they are worthy containers I kid you not. One could say they are the standard or best choice for cannabis , although some prefer bigger yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You will love growing in a tent , if you have the space buy the larger size so it will have space inside for all the equipment with room to spare.

Although any size tent will work I enjoy a tent that can walk into and zip up while working , very nice to use.

Yeah this box isn't big at all is there a way to upload another pic? I'll show what set up I have

Your call on the rooter plugs is a great recommendation though. Can't wait to switch to a tent. Appreciate your time! Good marrow mate.

Also as far as the led lighting goes I start my lights out as far away as possible since I don't have the veg/flower option, I move them closer every three days till i see adverse effects then back it off a bit and when I flip to flower I actually add more light to get the biggest buds possible. So if you can make it through veg with the extra light off then turn it on when they start flowering you might get good results.

Awesome so I should pull my light all the way up? Because first grow I did in it I kept it like 6 inches off and I feel that's what kept them from thriving to get taller. I'm buying some smaller red led bulbs to throw in there as well. Thanks for the tips anymore you have would be awesome! Thanks guys!

I run both veg and bloom from sprout to harvest. I've never done dwc on that small of a scale but would think three plants would give each one room, and not crowd the roots any more than they already will be. Big roots equal big buds. I also use rapid rooters, they don't hold as much water as rockwool and I've had great success with them. It your plants were very short with many branches then yes you need to raise the light or lower then setting. If they were short and crappy like the ones in my current journal, then you had a different thing going on. Good luck.

Ok so I went ahead and started these with just the veg light on. If I kick it into full spectrum will that have a bad effect on them if they've been chilling with just the beg spectrum for about 5 days?

Ok so I went ahead and started these with just the veg light on. If I kick it into full spectrum will that have a bad effect on them if they've been chilling with just the beg spectrum for about 5 days?

Should be fine. Just don't keep jumping back and forth or changing the schedule.

I am a fan of energy savings so using just the grow or bloom feature makes sense , in that regard but that's it , imo

The good thing is you can do both or one of the other and still have good results , some prefer using the bloom at first as the reds are know to encourage root growth others like the grow/ blue light for the vegetative boost it provides.

Its funny though in that you can veg just fine using a bloom light , the plant grows slightly differently but both are successful with the *blend* being the best

In short do as YOU want either way the plant will make it work.

my LED panels do not have switches but if they did , when they were young I would use the grow mode / blue light for the first half of the day and the bloom/red light for the last half

Doing it this way the plants get both spectrum's in a slightly natural sequence and I save some energy.

I will add not many people would worry about the energy usage using just one panel but I do using 2 and 4 of them.

I have to unplug half the power to the leds to use them in 50% output mode and do while the plants are seedlings

This gives the panels/plants the full spectrum of light at half the energy usage saving me 350 watts a day

Back
Top Bottom