Setup of 3.5 Gallon DWC system

stpalmer01

I have a new 3.5 gallon bubble boy system and it comes with a lid that has a cone in the middle, I was wondering to what level do i add water and klayton pebbles? I'm trying to replant a plant.
420-magazine-mobile2036048116.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I run DWC buckets and I have never seen a top with a cone in it before.

My guess is it is like that because it is a 3.5gal system and that might let you fill the water to the bottom of the net instead of leave an inch or two under it for air. Like you would with a regular top and a 5gal bucket.

Is there a reason you went for the 3.5?

didn't notice that it was a 3.5, but it's ok since I don't have enough space for bigger buckets

the roots are already big, just didn't know to what level of the cover i should fill the water, so i will fill it to the bottom of the net or should i go a little more since i'm adding the pebbles? I read i should keep it at the bottom of the net and not have the stones soaking in the water? Thanks for the info DukeO and Rifleman.

I would carefully pull some roots through the netpot at lest 2 or 3" below the bottom if not more if you can get them without messing them up to much and then set the water 1to2" the netpot.

I would do it right before lights out and then I would give it only half light for a day after to try to keep it out of shock.

Also wear some rubber gloves and or use some tweezers. Try not to touch the roots with your hands if you can.

I would also top water from out of the bucket for a few days.
Good Luck!

What do you mean with top water from the bucket? Sorry for asking, just trying to make sure I'm on the same page. And thank you for the helpful information, I was about to start on switching it.

Top Water means to take water out of the DWC and pour it over the Hydroton/roots back into the DWC. It helps keep everything alive a well until it all takes hold. You are about to make a big change in that plants live and doing it in flower is not so great and odds are it may not like it at first. So top watering twice a days for a few days will help it to get settled in to her new home.

Completed the replanting and the lights will be going out in about 20 min. Here is a picture of my little setup.
420-magazine-mobile1541884723.jpg

@ Rifleman, I guess I shouldn't really complain. lol
I don't really mind it, but my grow tent is in the master bathroom and it's annoying my wife. lol

When that pump burns out. Get a GH Dual Diaphragm pump. They are the best little pump I have ever used. They put out a lot of air and they are very quite and they last for years.

Thanks, the only problem I got now, is the pump being so loud?

When that pump burns out. Get a GH Dual Diaphragm pump. They are the best little pump I have ever used. They put out a lot of air and they are very quite and they last for years.
Good to hear another positive review on this pump. It is on my list for if/when my current pump takes a dive.

Back
Top Bottom