Newbie nutrient PPM question on GH Flora Series & Botanicare

adamblues

I'm about to do my first grow in a 4x3 tent with a Mars 192 Reflector LED light. I will probably use a CFL for the first few weeks and switch to the LED after the plants are established.

I plan to use GH Flora series 3 part nutes with Floralicious Plus, KoolBloom, RapidStart, ArmorSi, Cal Mag Plus (If needed) and Z7 for one bubbler.

Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow, Bloom, Liquid Karma, Sweet Berry, Cal Mag Plus (if needed), Hydroguard, and Z7 for the second bubbler.

My question is, do ALL of these products PPM count toward the total PPM of nutrients that you guys recommend at each stage, or do some not count towards that PPM level? It seems I remember reading that some of these don't count toward that total PPM number.

I have all this stuff on hand from vegetable grows, so I thought I would experiment and test them side by side to see what grows / tastes better in the end. I have had great success with both of these nute lineups, but my tomatoes were way better tasting with Botanicare...

re: Newbie nutrient PPM question on GH Flora Series & Botanicare

I switched from GH to Botanicare and like it much better.

I gave the rest of the GH I had away.

I also use z7 with it. What I do is put 4 to 4.5 gals of water in a 5gal bucket and then mix for 3gals.

You do not need Hydrograurd if your using z7 and you should go easy on any booster.

If you don't already have one you should get a battery transfer pump. They are cheap on Amazon and they make dealing with the water easy.

It is the total ppm I keep an eye on. Less is more in DWC. If you over feed she will slow down.

When adding things like Sweet Berry I would do that on it's own with water on a top off.

But that is just what works for me.

Are there any other Botanicare products I should add? Should I replace Rapid Start with Rhizo Blast when my RS runs out?

Did you notice a change in taste of your buds when you made the switch from GH to Botanicare or a change in the size of your crop?

Thanks for the great info.

I use Silica Blast to keep the stems strong to hold up all the big buds. Lol

I switched over mid flower and they just took off after the switch.

Botanicare seems to be cleaner and more dialed in for cannabis and it holds it's ph better then GH.

I am using Botanicare Kind

GH puts a lot of dyes in theirs.

Hey DukeO, finally got my first grow going with Pineapple Express and Money Bush. Quick question for you since you use the Mars Hydro LED lights. Do you start out with the veg only lighting, or do you run it full spectrum (veg and bloom switches on) all the way through? Just curious, as I saw some folks say they just run full spectrum all the way through. Thanks...

I run both switches on the whole way. But you could just do the grow at first and then both for flower.

Just make sure the lights are not to close when the plants are very little.

Good Luck to You!

Hey DukeO, finally got my first grow going with Pineapple Express and Money Bush. Quick question for you since you use the Mars Hydro LED lights. Do you start out with the veg only lighting, or do you run it full spectrum (veg and bloom switches on) all the way through? Just curious, as I saw some folks say they just run full spectrum all the way through. Thanks...

Thanks Duke, I think I will go full spectrum then. I have the lights about 20" above at the moment at day 16 from germination and they seem fine...

Back
Top Bottom