Nute burn or deficiency?

JacobIsHigh

Hey guys! First indoor grow and first post here on 420mag!
So, I'm having some problems with my lady and hope someone can help me out on this. Basically, I'm running DWC with RO water and Advanced Nutrients under a 600w MH bulb air cooled. Strain is Tutankhamon by Pyramid Seeds that I started from a clone. Today is day one of week 6 veg and I'm not sure what's wrong with her.

At the moment she's getting
Voodoo Juice
B-52
Connoisseur Grow
Rhino Skin
pH 5.9
600ppm
Temperature got a little too high on the first weeks (high 80's) but now it's dialed in at 78 - 82 during the day and 72 at night.
Humidity stays at around 62%

So, I'm new to DWC and don't know if what's happening is nute burn or deficiency. The new growth is pretty healthy, but the middle leaves are starting to look burned.

This shit started at week 4 and I started lowering my nutes till it was at 150ppm but looks like it was just getting worse, so I brought it back up and did some foliar feeding with Revive. Pretty sure it did help a little, but didn't stop this shit at all.

**Roots are a little on the brown side cause of the nutes, but if anyone with more experience can see any problems in it, feel free to speak**

So, any help is appreciated!!!
Thanks!

420-magazine-mobile365988430.jpg
420-magazine-mobile884365828.jpg
420-magazine-mobile774305514.jpg
420-magazine-mobile991521404.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1378279760.jpg
420-magazine-mobile165447760.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1781411703.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I don't think so. I thought about that, but it's pretty hard to find any kind of cal/mag here in Brazil. Do you think that RO water without cal/mag, even with all these nutes, could cause all this? If yes, tomorrow I'm going out crazy and see if I can find it anywhere ..

I am not sure but if you are using ro water that means you take the good and bad out, so I always add all these during veg calmag, armor si, mammoth p, grow, micro, and z7, and they all serve a purpose, z7 will give you healthy roots, armor si, and mammoth p will give you fatter branches, and mammoth p is a microbacteria, so feeds the plant, obviously you know grow and micro are floria series, and I'll have a 8 inch plant at 1100ppm but it's all beneficial

Sent from my Robin using 420

You can stop the voodoo juice this far into veg. Wait until flowering to add the Rhinoskin. That'll save you a few dollars so you can add Sensizym, Hydroguard, or z7. If you're under led it will definitely need a cal-mag supplement.

How often do you check pH? When was the last time you calibrated your pH pen? Calibrated at one, two, or three different readings?

Take a look at my blog entries. There's a post with photos and reference charts with a wealth of information. Read through all of them, especially the ones recently added. Good luck.

It's under 600w metal halide, so it's a pretty intense light. Calibrated my ph pen around 1 month ago at 2 readings, and check my ph twice a day. It's pretty stable at 5.9, probably because of the ph buffers from AN.
A friend of mine that has been growing hydro for years told me to keep only the Connoisseur now till the end of veg and bring the nutes up to 1000ppm, cause it looks like under feeding. Gonna try that and see if I can get some cal/mag in case that doesn't work.

Thanks guys
Definitely gonna take a look at your entries Rifleman ...️

Thanks!!

Ordered some Sensi CalMag Xtra today (yea I know I'm only running AN in this grow, but I'm looking forward on using Dyna or GH on the next grows to see how they work on their own way). There are no hydro stores in my town .. weed still 101% illegal here and all the stores that have any kind of "plant food" are pretty fucked up on their products and don't even have calmag.
The Sensi CalMag will arrive by the end of the week. Till then I changed my reservoir yesterday with only Connoisseur at 1000ppm and she seems to be responding well, but definitely it won't stop that shit, so I'm hoping the calmag will fix it all.

Thank you guys for all the replies! I'll be updating here once the calmag have been added and maybe keep updating every once in a while to show a little more about Tutankhamon by Pyramid Seeds.

Peace ...️

Hey man good to see another Tutan growing up!
I also have one in DWC, but i see you feed her with only 600 ppm.
800 ppm was the minimum my baby received with peaks of 1500 and i let my ph go from 5.3 to 6.3 to give her better nutrient absorption. She likes it a lot!

Hope your baby recover fast and get you lot of joy!

Hey guys!
Today is day one of week 7 veg and she's doing great! She loved this whole week with only Connoisseur at 1000ppm. It really helped her a lot.
Anyways, the Sensi CalMag just got here today, so I started feeding with 2ml/liter everytime I top my reservoir.
PPM is at 1100 and since I started adding the Connoisseur Bloom now the pH is stable at 5.6.
Today I took out 5 tops so she can bush out a little more and I'm thinking about starting bloom in 2 weeks.
Here are the pics one week later
420-magazine-mobile623128151.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1618871754.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1563634423.jpg

Hey guys!
Here's a little update:

She's on day 7 today since I flipped to 12/12 and looking good! Started showing lots of pre flowers already and stretching a little.
Temps got a little high this last days cause its summer here where I live and it's fucking 94 degrees outside, but my lil Tut is getting max of 92 during lights on and 78 during night, which is pretty high, but she doesn't give a shit about it. Higher temps are pretty good for plants that are mostly sativa if she's getting plenty of water and air circulation.
Bloom nutes are in already with ppm around 1500 - 1700 and she likes it. I learned that this strain likes it heavy on the nutes, so yeah. Im runnin Connoisseur Bloom as base with a little of CalMag, Voodoo Juice, Bud Factor X, Bud Candy and Rhino Skin. I'll be adding Big Bud too through the week.
I'll be keeping the MH bulb till day 14 flower to minimize stretch the most I can and then switch to HPS.
Pretty excited to see how she'll flower, since it's my first hydro.

Peace .️..

420-magazine-mobile1801077404.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1745513417.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1979330395.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1289657773.jpg
420-magazine-mobile328760897.jpg
420-magazine-mobile466782007.jpg
420-magazine-mobile27935762.jpg

I don't think so. I thought about that, but it's pretty hard to find any kind of cal/mag here in Brazil. Do you think that RO water without cal/mag, even with all these nutes, could cause all this? If yes, tomorrow I'm going out crazy and see if I can find it anywhere ..

I always use Calmag with ro water in my Dwc setup

Hey guys!
Here's a little update:

She's on day 7 today since I flipped to 12/12 and looking good! Started showing lots of pre flowers already and stretching a little.
Temps got a little high this last days cause its summer here where I live and it's fucking 94 degrees outside, but my lil Tut is getting max of 92 during lights on and 78 during night, which is pretty high, but she doesn't give a shit about it. Higher temps are pretty good for plants that are mostly sativa if she's getting plenty of water and air circulation.
Bloom nutes are in already with ppm around 1500 - 1700 and she likes it. I learned that this strain likes it heavy on the nutes, so yeah. Im runnin Connoisseur Bloom as base with a little of CalMag, Voodoo Juice, Bud Factor X, Bud Candy and Rhino Skin. I'll be adding Big Bud too through the week.
I'll be keeping the MH bulb till day 14 flower to minimize stretch the most I can and then switch to HPS.
Pretty excited to see how she'll flower, since it's my first hydro.

Peace .️..

420-magazine-mobile1801077404.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1745513417.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1979330395.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1289657773.jpg
420-magazine-mobile328760897.jpg
420-magazine-mobile466782007.jpg
420-magazine-mobile27935762.jpg

Do you run your lights at night? For 2 reasons. Electric is cheaper at night and also temps are lower so easier to control. That way daytime they still get heat from summer.

Do you run your lights at night? For 2 reasons. Electric is cheaper at night and also temps are lower so easier to control. That way daytime they still get heat from summer.

Yea, my lights are on from 20:20 till 8:20a.m. But didnt know about it being cheaper at night . thanks man!!

Wow that is a bushy monster hope u got that Rez change easy to do mine is still a pain in the ass Due to me wanting to change buckets every week not just refilling

Wow that is a bushy monster hope u got that Rez change easy to do mine is still a pain in the ass Due to me wanting to change buckets every week not just refilling

I can't do it alone anymore. My bro keeps holding the lid up so I can take out the res and put another one with only RO water while we clean the main one. But I do it every 3 weeks. Doing it every week must be a reaaaally pain in the ass dude . and since I run lots of nutes in there, doing every week would be a total waste I think.

I'm running upper of 800 ppm and after one week I'm down to 150 my plant is going through about a gallon of water every other day and having a 4 gall Rez it goes fast. So I top it with ph ro water I guess I could mi up gallon batches of nutes but I think she likes the fresh water also I'm on day 80 of my auto flower so any week now I'll b flushing it. I hope it's good looks funky skunkie and sticky icky
c1d12f0455c211d0757f58ead93d8129.jpg

Back
Top Bottom