New To DWC 1st Run

GTownDWC

HI all;

I wanted to share a little of what i had and what i plan to do, any hey that sounds great or suggestions please reply..

4x4 Grow Tent 80inch high
MarsHydro Refactor Series 400w Led
4 10g totes holding 5 gallons of water
Vent system
Germintation Station with T5 light and heat mat
Running Canna nutes
2 air pumps pushing larger stones
Water = PH 7.5 to 7.6 and PPM 345
Adding PH down to get desired PH with Nutes.

My plans were to lightly wet the Rapid Rooters with PHed water and a tad bit of rzhztonic.
drop seeds into them and place in germination station with t5 light or??? Paper towl

After decent roots from Rapid rooter show move them to the Totes and LED light allow water to be 1 inch in basket and drop that as soon as roots hit it, i have 8 inch baskets running just PHed water and rzhztonic.

After roots hit water and i drop to 5 gal I was going to start the Veg Nutes at a light mixture and have the plant tell me what it wants.If it gobbles it up then add a little bit stronger Etc.

I was only going to Veg to 2 or 3 feet tall being tent is 80 inch and i am worried to have burning if they get to tall

Stay on the Veg nutes flushing weekly till the last 3 weeks of flower and Clean and flush with Distlled water and then add my flowering nutes.

If there is any thing that i may be totally overlooking please Reply take care everyone,:thanks:

Welcome to 420 magazine. Dwc is a awesome experience wishing u much luck with the grow I c your ph is a little to high I strive for 5.8 I'm 70+days in my grow also Dwc running led also your whole setup sounds good just make sure ph is in check is like to c some pics. Maybe I could give u a little more pointers

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

How about air lines r they through top lid or the bucket I've found that lines through the bucket love to have roots grown around them and rip off when the lid is removed so I placed airlines through the lid took care or that. Also I do weekly water changes using ro water it has a really low ppm and a high ph so after adding nutes ad such my ph ends up being 6.0 I take it to 5.8 and can go days without adjusting it. I didn't start any nutes till she hade her 3 node but I've found out about a product called great white its bacteria for the roots and man did they make them explode remember a good plans tarts from the bottom also try to keep your Rez temp in mid 60* the roots love it and stope algae growth any questions just ask

Thanks bud, I will start a journal as soon as seeds get here and i start the process. I will add lots of pics. I was almost considering a portable RO system but i am able to get it down and hold with PH Down, dont like using that but sounds like everyone has too.

I will totally move those they go in through the top side, it makes sense to have them through the LID thanks a bunch, how much of the air stone and air lines get swallowed by the roots.

420-magazine-mobile182832558.jpg
doing it through the top I get minimal root rap but it still happens

Rifle man thanks for the reply, when is a good time to switch from 20/4 to 12/12 I understand some will be based on strain. I am under the assumption that DWC takes less time than soil. Sorry for delayed response had a hell of a time logging in.

Rifle man thanks for the reply, when is a good time to switch from 20/4 to 12/12 I understand some will be based on strain. I am under the assumption that DWC takes less time than soil. Sorry for delayed response had a hell of a time logging in.

I grow mostly autos now, but when growing the sativas I could count on a 3x stretch. 1ft becomes 4 ft. :biglaugh: You won't have that problem with a 400w led. Your obstacle will be light penetration, if you wait until 3ft to flip your harvest will be fluffy light buds. You need 35 to 50w per square ft to bloom well, and a 400w led is about 275w from the wall.

I run my hoses through the bucket 1" below the rim.

I never have a need to lift my plants out of their buckets through out the grow.

I use 6" tops on 5 gal buckets and use a transfer pump I got on amazon to refill my buckets.

It makes it all very easy to do. No lifting or spilling. Just slide the lid over and look inside test refill and move on.

If you not running a chiller and you live in the US.

I would suggest you get some z7 water treatment.

It will take care of most if not all of your water issues.

One of the things it does is break down the salts.

There is no need for distilled or ro water with it and there is no need to flush until the end of the grow.

It will keep every clean and you will not see any root rot.

I run my hoses through the bucket 1" below the rim.

I never have a need to lift my plants out of their buckets through out the grow.

I use 6" tops on 5 gal buckets and use a transfer pump I got on amazon to refill my buckets.

It makes it all very easy to do. No lifting or spilling. Just slide the lid over and look inside test refill and move on.

If you not running a chiller and you live in the US.

I would suggest you get some z7 water treatment.

It will take care of most if not all of your water issues.

One of the things it does is break down the salts.

There is no need for distilled or ro water with it and there is no need to flush until the end of the grow.

It will keep every clean and you will not see any root rot.

The reason I remove my plant is to sterilize my buckets I do it weekly and have hade a amazing grow. I like to keep things clean. I've actually thought about a transfer pump but then just chose to switch out buckets every week works for me also I like to c my root progress

I grow mostly autos now, but when growing the sativas I could count on a 3x stretch. 1ft becomes 4 ft. :biglaugh: You won't have that problem with a 400w led. Your obstacle will be light penetration, if you wait until 3ft to flip your harvest will be fluffy light buds. You need 35 to 50w per square ft to bloom well, and a 400w led is about 275w from the wall.

I started some research on the Auto's since we have 10 mango autos. I have heard (not sure) that they act a little different then some of the other strains. I see where you are going with heights and lighting. I appreciate the feedback man,

I started some research on the Auto's since we have 10 mango autos. I have heard (not sure) that they act a little different then some of the other strains. I see where you are going with heights and lighting. I appreciate the feedback man,

Autos are just faster GTown, that's all. Pick a light schedule and let them rip kind of thing. :) Add dwc into the mix and WOW, explosive growth.

I run my lines through the bucket. It's easy to slide the hose through if needed. Just take off stone and slide hose through. Either way works. Just whatever you like. I use z7 also. Will leave you this ph chart.
I personally think changing the water stresses the plant. So I do it as little as possible. Def not weekly. My plants acted very negatively to the last change. Not to mention all the good bacteria you lose. I think it was mostly the colder water. I used a aquarium heater to warm it.
Good luck on your grow. I am a new rdwc grower so my opinions are just that. We'll see soon.
I do many experiments. Like letting two plants roots grow together in a 20gal tub. Then tearing them apart and putting in their own buckets to see if they would survive. Yup. Strong as ever.
I like to think outside the box. 2+2 is 4 but so is 3+1. :)
420-magazine-mobile654471189.jpg

I run my lines through the bucket. It's easy to slide the hose through if needed. Just take off stone and slide hose through. Either way works. Just whatever you like. I use z7 also. Will leave you this ph chart.
I personally think changing the water stresses the plant. So I do it as little as possible. Def not weekly. My plants acted very negatively to the last change. Not to mention all the good bacteria you lose. I think it was mostly the colder water. I used a aquarium heater to warm it.
Good luck on your grow. I am a new rdwc grower so my opinions are just that. We'll see soon.
I do many experiments. Like letting two plants roots grow together in a 20gal tub. Then tearing them apart and putting in their own buckets to see if they would survive. Yup. Strong as ever.
I like to think outside the box. 2+2 is 4 but so is 3+1. :)
420-magazine-mobile654471189.jpg

Wow u crazy lol but what ever works I like how u just tare them apart haha awesome

Every time I do water changes I add great white bacteria to my new Rez. But I have found out if u don't match the current water temp it does not like the weekly water changes but I've found out if I'm with in 5 degrees or so it's all good

A sterilize bucket is only sterilized for less then one minute.

z7 keeps everything clean 24/7

I found out a long time ago that only bad things can happen to your plant from taking it out of it's bucket.

Every time I do water changes I add great white bacteria to my new Rez. But I have found out if u don't match the current water temp it does not like the weekly water changes but I've found out if I'm with in 5 degrees or so it's all good

My water changes are at room temperature. I usually have at least ten, five gallon buckets sitting around evaporating chlorine. :biglaugh:

My water changes are at room temperature. I usually have at least ten, five gallon buckets sitting around evaporating chlorine. :biglaugh:

c I keep my water at 65-68* every time I add plan ph water to her I he it from the fridge nice and cold plant seams to love if I did room temp is b in the mid 70 I believe that's to high for Rez temp lower the temp less bad bacteria can grow and less chance of root rot but every one grows differently but people say use a chiller I don't but that's y I add cold water now I don't directly pore on the roots but in the nutes they mix and the girls Sean to like it

Back
Top Bottom