Humidity issues - 1st grow - Please help

LivinLife

We have a 4x4x6.5 tent, DWC 16 gal tote, 2 Aurora Fem, 600w HID, air cooled hood, 6 inch inline fan for exhaust into the room and an 8 inch intake fan hooked up to our window. We put a humidifier in the tent, but we can't get the humidity to get passed 45%. It ranges from 35-45% on a daily basis.

Is this going to become a huge issue? We are just starting week 2 of seedling/veg stage...so 2nd node is not fully formed yet.

We've put bowls of water in there. Towels soaked in water too. Nothing seems to get it higher. It's like the exhaust fan is sucking all the humidity out.

Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Should not be an issue thats actually not a bad rh clones however need much higher humidity but I have started seeds with rh that low. I would say if they're growing then thats a great start. Although I think it might be better with the bigger fan pulling exhaust and the smaller fan for intake

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

My humidity was on the low 20%, I added a humidifier and my room never go higher than 33%.
It should be ok..

IMG_20170202_184810.jpg

Humidity needs to be higher than 50% (65% - 75% is optimal) while in the veg stage for the best results...which I am

guessing you are looking for. Try adding another nuhumidifier. How high is you light away from the tips of the plants? Some times lowering the light will make a difference in humidity.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

We have very similar setups. What is the typical temp in your tent? Higher temperatures make higher levels of humidity possible. Can you slow down your fan speed without overheating the tent? You didn't mention a charcoal air filter. Is that why you're sucking outside air and venting outside? If you're pulling in cold dry air from outside you may never be able to get your humidity where you want it.

Humidity needs to be higher than 50% (65% - 75% is optimal) while in the veg stage for the best results...which I am

guessing you are looking for. Try adding another nuhumidifier. How high is you light away from the tips of the plants? Some times lowering the light will make a difference in humidity.

The light is 18" away. We probably can move it closer as it barely registers warm on our palms at leaf level. We already have the exhaust fan on the lowest setting. I switched it to 1 min on/2 min off hoping that helps.

We have very similar setups. What is the typical temp in your tent? Higher temperatures make higher levels of humidity possible. Can you slow down your fan speed without overheating the tent? You didn't mention a charcoal air filter. Is that why you're sucking outside air and venting outside? If you're pulling in cold dry air from outside you may never be able to get your humidity where you want it.

Typical temps are between 74-76. That's with the 6" exhaust fan on the lowest setting. Should we aim for higher temps than that? We have the fan on a cycle timer so there's room to adjust how long it's on vs off. We have a 6 inch charcoal filter. We are sucking in outside air and only venting the hot air to the bedroom. That room gets really warm so we wanted the cooler air coming into the tent vs venting outside. We didn't really have room to do the intake and exhaust to the window (it's a small window). We have an all wood house (floors, walls, ceilings)...no sheetrock...so all the moisture gets sucked into the wood.

420-magazine-mobile217411484.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1931315613.jpg

Should not be an issue thats actually not a bad rh clones however need much higher humidity but I have started seeds with rh that low. I would say if they're growing then thats a great start. Although I think it might be better with the bigger fan pulling exhaust and the smaller fan for intake

We aren't even close to clone level yet...I wish. I'd like to not kill these 2 first as it's our first grow. The 6 inch has been great so far at keep temps in the mid 70s. If we put the 8inch up, it may be too cold. We have the exhaust fan on a cycle timer so we have room to adjust how long it's on/off.

8 inch Intake fan
420-magazine-mobile2010553575.jpg

Like It says....those are the optimal levels. They arent set in stone that your plant wont grow if the rh is not in those ranges. But I would worry more about rh being high the low due to mold

Thanks! I don't think we will ever have an issue with high humidity, even in summer here. We will be perfect for flowering!

I don't know enough for cloning, but when we do and are ready, we'll definitely need to fix the Rh issue. We appreciate the info!

You do not want to raise your temp.that is a good range. You can slow down the exhaust fan with a dimmer switch. The lower Temps are good for your plants. That's why Maine green bud is so highly desired. I like the tempos to be around 65 - 75. Makes the stalks thicker and stronger. Hot is bad and too hot affects the THC in a bad way. Slow down the fan and see if that works is what I would do. If not them try something else.

You do not want to raise your temp.that is a good range. You can slow down the exhaust fan with a dimmer switch. The lower Temps are good for your plants. That's why Maine green bud is so highly desired. I like the tempos to be around 65 - 75. Makes the stalks thicker and stronger. Hot is bad and too hot affects the THC in a bad way. Slow down the fan and see if that works is what I would do. If not them try something else.

At night the temps have dropped to 68-70 in the tent. We check the low/highs on the thermometer. The highest it got was 80-81, but that was when we were germinating. So far it typically only gets to 76 at most and 68 at the least.

We will look into the dimmer switch. Didn't know we could slow it down even more. I know that I can practically put my palm right under the hood without it getting hot even after 10 seconds. So it's keeping the hood cooled perfectly. Thanks!

For flower your rh is good levels there are plenty ways to increase the humidity it's Easyer to gain it then to lower it also so you could get a humidifier or put a wet towel in there or something to bring it up a bit

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Agc Auto Growers Club

We have 1 humidifier in there already and have 4 wet towels under the light. We are fighting an uphill battle since our house is all wood and it's winter air outside. But the plants are growing so I prob shouldn't complain too much! Thanks!

We have 1 humidifier in there already and have 4 wet towels under the light. We are fighting an uphill battle since our house is all wood and it's winter air outside. But the plants are growing so I prob shouldn't complain too much! Thanks!

Why don't you get it to pull air in from the room instead of from outside ?

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Agc Auto Growers Club

The room gets really warm and we need to keep the door closed. We had to close the air vent and it still gets really warm in there. Our heat is only set to 68 in the house, but that room just gets hot. Lesser of the evils.

Actually flowering should be around 45% - 50%. But the bigger your plants get the humidity will go up because they fill up more space in the room.

Typical temps are between 74-76. That's with the 6" exhaust fan on the lowest setting. Should we aim for higher temps than that? We have the fan on a cycle timer so there's room to adjust how long it's on vs off. We have a 6 inch charcoal filter. We are sucking in outside air and only venting the hot air to the bedroom. That room gets really warm so we wanted the cooler air coming into the tent vs venting outside. We didn't really have room to do the intake and exhaust to the window (it's a small window). We have an all wood house (floors, walls, ceilings)...no sheetrock...so all the moisture gets sucked into the wood.

Wait... how warm does that room get normally, i.e., without the additional heat of a 600W light? Warmer than 74-76?

Back
Top Bottom