DWC - Having trouble with my ladies! Need help!

CO2NK

Hello Friends! i have used DWC system a few times before and succeed, i had porblem but always i able to go on.

Now i live in same Country but different city move from North to South.I have a good brand grow room 90x90x200 'secret jardin' Philips 400 MH with a good rectangle, cooled reflector for Veg. DWC system is 5 liters for seedlings has a heater inside and it is set to 23 Celcius also a thermometer is checking the temp 24/7 . air pomp has 8 out puts and all goes to my 5 liters system, pump adjust at Max power and 4 of the outputs are slipts on 2 stones. Reservoir is cover with aliminium foil for no light in, but maybe just a little bit light goes inside. I use Reverse Osmosis Water when i measure it EC:0,1mS or 0010uS and PPM is 0009 , pH: 7,2 .Grow Room Temp is 22-30 Celcius Humidity is %55- %80 i sprey some fabric inside the grow room for high hum.

So my problem is i can not able to pass through Vegetative stage, seedling keep dieing or having really bad time so i just try to solve the problem and start over and over for 5 months, so i changed my old GHE Flora series (Grow-Bloom-Micro), i bought fresh ones, i tried with 2 DWC with 2 different water, Calibrated pH meter .Still i'm having some sort of problems, Roots look ok but plant not growing,leefs drooping down but they don't look dead, they are thick, some leefs start to die from the edge sides (old one but there is onle 2 sets of leefs)

What's in my reservoir ? 0,1mL Grow + 0,1mL Micro + 2 drops for 1 liter GHE BioRoots EC:0.30 pH:5.8-6.3
pH down used slowly and when pH gets stable after 2 days later i manage it to circle in this range.Where am i wrong guys, i am really so desperate and so sad.Also i took 2 girls from DWC and transplant them to soil 2 days ago, there getting better leefs strecthed up and green colour looks like coming back so i can only think the problem is in my reservoir.
20170302_201730.jpg
20170302_201722.jpg
20170302_201651.jpg
20170227_142852.jpg
20170225_173452.jpg

8 port air pump in a 5 liter resivoir. Might have to much air bubbling, irritating roots and causing pH rise.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I would try taking the foil off of the top of the hydroton so some air can get to the base of the plant.

I have been growing dwc for years now and have never had to put foil over the hydroton.

They look like they are slowing drowning to me.

The foil is keeping everything wet. Plus I bet your water level is too high. Looks like pythium to me.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Hello Friends! First of all Thank you for sharing your opinions and helping. 8 port airpump and its
consequences; yeah while i'm checking roots, i was that, there was too much bubbles and roots look like irritating =( now i am going to solve that. Humidity in grow room was %80-%60 but because of cooling intake and outlet the air now humidity is %40-%60
I'm going to reduce the nutrients strenght to 1/4 General Hydroponics flora set NOT the organic one, you know.

Thank you @tricam

For the foil on top of hydrotons; i did it for the first time to seal all light leaks but looks like this prevention brought new consequences so i am going to remove that immediately! Thank you @DukeO

My water level is nearly touches to pots and also rockwools are standing on 2 sets of hydrotons so there is a good humidity for roots to search for water. I didn't get what is "pythium" =/
Thank you @The Germinator

So after all today i ordered a new pH meter because i don't trust the one i have it was so cheap... New one is ADWA AD11 i think it will do the job and i will calibrate the cheaper one for further to duble check. Thank you guys, i will post alittle while later, we'll see the results =)

High Times!

Sent from my GT-I9301Q using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi guys! Today i had my brand new ph meter and did some changes;
#1 Bubles: 8 output became 2 outputs and inside the reservoir 2 circle style airstone and pump adjusted to low.
#2 Nutrients: i changed the water (RO) 1/4 strength GHE FloraGrow 0.3mL + FloraMicro 0.3mL + bioroots 10drops (2drops/1Lt) = EC:0.1mS or 0017uS pH:5.5 (slowly rising) Room Temp:26-28celcius (lights on) 20-22celcius (lights off) Humidity:%52 Reservoir Temp:22celcius
#3 No Foil: i removed the foil off from top of hydrotons.

Thank you, i am going to keep posting pictures and results!

Sadly i don't have something to fight bacteria =(

I just checked the shop i can able to buy one if it is necessery and which one should i buy?
420-magazine-mobile1840052761.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1217697244.jpg

420-magazine-mobile806304780.jpg

Thank you!

So it has been 2 days and i can see good signs of growing and healing.. Thank you guys!

I will purchase Great White Premium!

This one is a control plant and grows without problem right now.
420-magazine-mobile794264164.jpg

We can see the healing!
420-magazine-mobile1710534946.jpg

And the roots
420-magazine-mobile2020731482.jpg

Sadly i don't have something to fight bacteria =(

Pour a cap full of peroxide each day...it will kill any bacteria and it evaporates out so it won't get sucked up by plant...
Hello Friends! i have used DWC system a few times before and succeed, i had porblem but always i able to go on.

Now i live in same Country but different city move from North to South.I have a good brand grow room 90x90x200 'secret jardin' Philips 400 MH with a good rectangle, cooled reflector for Veg. DWC system is 5 liters for seedlings has a heater inside and it is set to 23 Celcius also a thermometer is checking the temp 24/7 . air pomp has 8 out puts and all goes to my 5 liters system, pump adjust at Max power and 4 of the outputs are slipts on 2 stones. Reservoir is cover with aliminium foil for no light in, but maybe just a little bit light goes inside. I use Reverse Osmosis Water when i measure it EC:0,1mS or 0010uS and PPM is 0009 , pH: 7,2 .Grow Room Temp is 22-30 Celcius Humidity is %55- %80 i sprey some fabric inside the grow room for high hum.

So my problem is i can not able to pass through Vegetative stage, seedling keep dieing or having really bad time so i just try to solve the problem and start over and over for 5 months, so i changed my old GHE Flora series (Grow-Bloom-Micro), i bought fresh ones, i tried with 2 DWC with 2 different water, Calibrated pH meter .Still i'm having some sort of problems, Roots look ok but plant not growing,leefs drooping down but they don't look dead, they are thick, some leefs start to die from the edge sides (old one but there is onle 2 sets of leefs)

What's in my reservoir ? 0,1mL Grow + 0,1mL Micro + 2 drops for 1 liter GHE BioRoots EC:0.30 pH:5.8-6.3
pH down used slowly and when pH gets stable after 2 days later i manage it to circle in this range.Where am i wrong guys, i am really so desperate and so sad.Also i took 2 girls from DWC and transplant them to soil 2 days ago, there getting better leefs strecthed up and green colour looks like coming back so i can only think the problem is in my reservoir.
20170302_201730.jpg
20170302_201722.jpg
20170302_201651.jpg
20170227_142852.jpg
20170225_173452.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Pour a cap full of peroxide each day...it will kill any bacteria and it evaporates out so it won't get sucked up by plant...

How about Great White Premium? So is this just friendly bacteria? No defence?

I dont like ANY bacteria in my dwc....it just...leaves room for error.....and as you know.in Dwc..a small error can go bad very quick...

Never tried adding those things...ever ....all I know is ...before I started using peroxide....i lost a entire crop of 4 lady's....because of bacteria.....it was heartbreaking....cause they made it all the way to flower....

I dont like ANY bacteria in my dwc....it just...leaves room for error.....and as you know.in Dwc..a small error can go bad very quick...

So True! Now i'm searching town for Hydrojen Peroxide H2O2

Also another tip i. See......your set up is good and all...but just for a while.as juveniles......as they get older the roots will intertwine...and suffocate eachother.....best bet in dwc....is each plant have it's own bucket...i use 5 gal....that way if there is a problem...its contained to one plant...not killing all your babies...

Back
Top Bottom