Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 312

Thread: Another noob grow!

  1. #16
    420 Member EBnFLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    I'd adjust daily 5.8 - 6.2


    Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.
    defectndesign thanked you for this post
    skunkgreen liked this post
     
    https://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/320639-hydro-guy-gets-dirty-ma.html

  2. #17
    420 Member EBnFLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    Or if they consistently climb, maybe set them at 5.6 to 5-8 and then leave alone until they hit 6.2


    Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.
    defectndesign thanked you for this post
    skunkgreen, Latitude17 liked this post
     
    https://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/320639-hydro-guy-gets-dirty-ma.html

  3. #18
    420 Member skunkgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    Quote Originally Posted by defectndesign View Post


    The one still in coco looks happy.


    Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
    What's up with the rabid dog cones...lol
    EBnFLO liked this post
     

  4. #19
    420 Member EBnFLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    Are you using something like Botanicare Hydroguard (or equivalent)?

    MUST HAVE in hydro.


    Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.

  5. #20
    420 Member defectndesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    Thanks guys. Should I do a res change at this point or adjust each pot down to 6.2? They're all at 6.7 now.

    I'm not using hydroguard nor do I know any of the equivalents, sorry. All I'm using is the 3pt AN line and Great White.

    Sorry I don't follow about the rabid dog clone comment. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

  6. #21
    Plant of the Month - November 2015 Member of the Month - March 2016 Rifleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Northfork
    Posts
    4,557
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Another noob grow!

    Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect ? If so that's what I use too. My best experience has been to fill the buckets and ignore pH. I top the buckets off with a mix of 3ml of the mgb per gallon water. Change reservoir every seven days. Expensive if you follow AN's feed schedule. I don't, usually under 50%.

    If you read back a half dozen pages from where my journal is now, you'll see where I just started tracking pH again and how it is tracking in my dwc. I'm on a quest to pick what works best for me, and will be using Remo side by side with the AN soon. It's all about tinkering isn't it ?

    + 1 for the Hydroguard. Without it I'd have rot at my temperatures. 9ml per 4 gallons in a bucket.

    Edit: Hydroguard, Sensizym, Z7, all products designed to introduce beneficial bacteria into the reservoir.
    EBnFLO liked this post
     
    - -

    The Roost - Perpetual
    Show some love and visit our SPONSORS
    Don't forget to Vote in our Monthly CONTESTS

  7. #22
    420 Member defectndesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect ? If so that's what I use too. My best experience has been to fill the buckets and ignore pH. I top the buckets off with a mix of 3ml of the mgb per gallon water. Change reservoir every seven days. Expensive if you follow AN's feed schedule. I don't, usually under 50%.

    If you read back a half dozen pages from where my journal is now, you'll see where I just started tracking pH again and how it is tracking in my dwc. I'm on a quest to pick what works best for me, and will be using Remo side by side with the AN soon. It's all about tinkering isn't it ?

    + 1 for the Hydroguard. Without it I'd have rot at my temperatures. 9ml per 4 gallons in a bucket.

    Edit: Hydroguard, Sensizym, Z7 all products to introduce beneficial bacteria into the reservoir.
    Yes the ph perfect stuff
    My plants are still small so top offs are few and far between at this point. What I don't get is you don't test ph and it's all good yet mine has gotten above 7 now. I went with 2ml per mgb at first last week and started getting burn. Cut ec to .8 on Monday. Other that the ph creeping up, all has been great has far as how the plants have responded. I wanted to see how high the ph would get or if it would plateau

    This curling under just showed up today. I'm assuming it's a ph issue. Wasn't there 24hrs ago




    Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

  8. #23
    420 Member EBnFLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    Quote Originally Posted by defectndesign View Post
    Thanks guys. Should I do a res change at this point or adjust each pot down to 6.2? They're all at 6.7 now.

    I'm not using hydroguard nor do I know any of the equivalents, sorry. All I'm using is the 3pt AN line and Great White.

    Sorry I don't follow about the rabid dog clone comment. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
    I think Great White serves the same purpose as Hydroguard

    The rabid clones look like when your dog goes to the vet and they put a "cone of shame" on his head Another noob grow!




    Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.
    defectndesign, Icemann420 thanked you for this post
    defectndesign, Icemann420 liked this post
     
    https://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/320639-hydro-guy-gets-dirty-ma.html

  9. #24
    420 Member EBnFLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    I don't know what to tell u about the PH changing

    I never tried that nute line because I am very skeptical of things that seem a little too magical

    I've only used General Hydroponics and manually set ph

    Are you aerating your buckets vigorously?


    Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.
    Icemann420 liked this post
     
    https://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/320639-hydro-guy-gets-dirty-ma.html

  10. #25
    420 Member defectndesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    Oh ok cool! Heard great white was the shit. So no need for hydroguard then?

    No I wanted to save the best one in soil for some clones for the next batch then put it outside for the summer

    Everyone has grown a little since the transplant so that's reassuring



    Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
    EBnFLO, Rifleman, TheFrizz liked this post
     

  11. #26
    420 Member defectndesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    Quote Originally Posted by EBnFLO View Post
    I don't know what to tell u about the PH changing

    I never tried that nute line because I am very skeptical of things that seem a little too magical

    I've only used General Hydroponics and manually set ph

    Are you aerating your buckets vigorously?


    Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.
    I've never used anything lol. But the ph perfect aspect wasn't the draw for me. I still manually set the ph to 5.8 when I mixed. The nutes did bring my 7.0-.3 tap water to 6.3-.5 though. All buckets have the bubble rings that bubble the water and force it up through the rings. You can feel the bubbles on the floor lol. I'm assuming that's enough


    Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

  12. #27
    420 Member EBnFLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    Yep, great white should do it.


    Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.
    defectndesign, Icemann420 thanked you for this post
    Icemann420 liked this post
     
    https://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/320639-hydro-guy-gets-dirty-ma.html

  13. #28
    420 Member EBnFLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    Quote Originally Posted by defectndesign View Post
    I've never used anything lol. But the ph perfect aspect wasn't the draw for me. I still manually set the ph to 5.8 when I mixed. The nutes did bring my 7.0-.3 tap water to 6.3-.5 though. All buckets have the bubble rings that bubble the water and force it up through the rings. You can feel the bubbles on the floor lol. I'm assuming that's enough


    Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
    Haha, yep that ought to do it. I'm not really familiar with buckets.


    Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.
    defectndesign liked this post
     
    https://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/320639-hydro-guy-gets-dirty-ma.html

  14. #29
    420 Member defectndesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    My biggest worry at this point is how much longer should I let my ph sit at 6.7? And how much can I safely lower it at once without harm? Or if it's just plan time for a res change


    Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

  15. #30
    420 Member EBnFLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another noob grow!

    If I was using those nutes and having any concerns, I'd search all over this forum to see if others had similar experiences.

    Also, have you considered whether you should add cal-mag to the nutes?


    Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Tags for this Thread