Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Another noob grow!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another noob grow!

Quote Originally Posted by EBnFLO View Post
    If I was using those nutes and having any concerns, I'd search all over this forum to see if others had similar experiences.

Also, have you considered whether you should add cal-mag to the nutes?

Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.
    No but I'm going to start looking now

As far as cal mag. I've read that it's really only needed if using RO water. Being as my tap water is 150ppm there's probably some in there and in the nutes. Once again, only an assumption! Please school me if I'm wrong

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Post Thanks / Like

I think your logic is good but I'd probably add it just in case unless Advanced Nutrients has anything to say about it... I searched for info on the website but couldn't find anything.

defectndesign thanked you for this post

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/320639-hydro-guy-gets-dirty-ma.html

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. Changing the res out now. Only a day away from their recommendation anyway.

Thanks for looking out!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EBnFLO View Post
    I think your logic is good but I'd probably add it just in case unless Advanced Nutrients has anything to say about it... I searched for info on the website but couldn't find anything.

I found in my search that AN is based on RO water. And that they don't recommend any other nutes to be added with theirs. Supposedly throws off ph.

Maybe that's what happens when their nutes hit a week old. Ph starts to jump and you have to change out. No clue. Either way I'd like to run these nutes for this grow and consider an alternative program for the next.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a solid plan Another noob grow!

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good from the start. And great white is the shit I love that stuff. I my grows I use general hydroponic with all the additives the master kit and have hade impressive results I believe first off water is the most important. Since u are in the states look around for water dispenser like aqua mart it's a machine that gives u reverse osmosis for 25c a gallon has a ph of 7 and a ppm of 5. That's the good stuff after all the mixing the ph is usually range. Now I've never used an but if it's ro based y not use ro water also maybe all the extra ppm in your tap water is creating your ph drift also if u didn't flush that hydrotin it will make your ph drift up also

defectndesign, Fyffer thanked you for this post
    defectndesign liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another noob grow!

Quote Originally Posted by Icemann420 View Post
    Looking good from the start. And great white is the shit I love that stuff. I my grows I use general hydroponic with all the additives the master kit and have hade impressive results I believe first off water is the most important. Since u are in the states look around for water dispenser like aqua mart it's a machine that gives u reverse osmosis for 25c a gallon has a ph of 7 and a ppm of 5. That's the good stuff after all the mixing the ph is usually range. Now I've never used an but if it's ro based y not use ro water also maybe all the extra ppm in your tap water is creating your ph drift also if u didn't flush that hydrotin it will make your ph drift up also

That makes good sense. Unfortunately I didn't look hard enough to realize that it's an RO based nute until after I got it. And I had all intention of using tap. Live and learn.

I rinsed the clay out pretty good. Not sure how much is necessary though. I've heard everything from rinsing to soaking for 24 hours in ph'd water

Icemann420, wiley420 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another noob grow!

All is good here. We live and learn and grow as a 420 family. But Dwc is really rewarding my first plant I pulled almost a pound wet and dry we have about 7 ounces I followed it to the t and learned a lot along the way

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Icemann420 View Post
    All is good her. We live and learn and grow as a 420 family. But Dwc is really rewarding my first plant I pulled almost a pound wet and dry we have about 7 ounces I followed it to the t and learned a lot along the way

Damn dude! What "T" did you follow?? Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Growing

Post Thanks / Like

Lol start with the root zone ro water grate white and rapid root. Medan rock wool with hydrotin base. No drop the hydrotin and rockwool love to wick moisture have a hella air pump mine pumps 300 gall a hour lol I only use a 5 gall bucket. Pick a nutrients line up that u can follow and understand. Build a adjustable space so u can dine in himidity and temp with all lights on if u can hold the temp u r good I never went over 80* top her after the 3 node do some lst defoliate And pay attention to it check her every day I kept the ph at 5.8 the whole grow and I toped it with next quality water. And the most important thing is to enjoy what u r doing if your unhappy the plant will b un happy

Post Thanks / Like

I truthfully believe it was the plant it was a unknown auto fliers from seed it was massive

Post Thanks / Like

Woo hoo glad to find your thread!

The girls are looking great, and all I can add is to just take a deep breath and relax a bit when it comes to tinkering with pH and nutes

If my pH was at 7.3, I would prefer to add a few drops of pH down rather than flush the whole system. But you'll never know til you try

Keep up the good work and keep asking questions! Every grower has different methods, you need to decide what works for you

In Progress: Medical Grow for Mom- VC/DC, CBD Therapy, Northern Lights

Terminated: Girl Scout Cookie Autos in RDWC- A Defoliation Experiment!

Completed: Blue Dream-4 plants/64 main colas, 1000w HPS, DWC, 4x4 grow tent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrizz View Post
    Woo hoo glad to find your thread!

The girls are looking great, and all I can add is to just take a deep breath and relax a bit when it comes to tinkering with pH and nutes

If my pH was at 7.3, I would prefer to add a few drops of pH down rather than flush the whole system. But you'll never know til you try

Keep up the good work and keep asking questions! Every grower has different methods, you need to decide what works for you
    Thanks Frizz! Glad you made it!
    What's everyone using for ph down? I've read it's all relative. But maybe some hold better than others? I have no idea. Just spitballing

Plant of the Month - November 2015 Member of the Month - March 2016 Rifleman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use AN with tap water, until lately I haven't checked nor adjusted pH in well over a year. The pH will not be anywhere near 5.8 if your water is like mine, but the chelated nutrients are still bioavailable to the plant. The addition of pH adjusting chemicals are only going to add to the disruption of the reservoir. You can look back in my journals and see that it works.
    defectndesign, TheFrizz liked this post

- -

The Roost - Perpetual
    Show some love and visit our SPONSORS
    Don't forget to Vote in our Monthly CONTESTS

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast