Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Another noob grow!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another noob grow!

Quote Originally Posted by EBnFLO View Post
    Drain-to-waste vs recirculating are different styles of growing

Your current style is drain to waste even if u don't waste any Another noob grow!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine
    So even though nothing comes out the bottom, watering coco is still technically d2w?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Post Thanks / Like

Another noob grow!

Quote Originally Posted by defectndesign View Post
    So even though nothing comes out the bottom, watering coco is still technically d2w?

That is my understanding.

Then the other side of the coin is recirculating like, umm that hydroponic growing style...

Oh yeah, ebb and flow! Another noob grow!

Or dwc, etc

Hydro Guy Gets Dirty In MA
    defectndesign liked this post

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/320639-hydro-guy-gets-dirty-ma.html

Post Thanks / Like

That is my understanding.

Then the other side of the coin is recirculating like, umm that hydroponic growing style...

Oh yeah, ebb and flow! Another noob grow!

Or dwc, etc

Well that's the thing, the other plants in the rdwc are doing great. I have other plans for this one. Was thinking coco in a air pot on the other side of the tent under a scrog.
    Wasn't sure if I should up the nutes because of the light or if the light was too much for it. I figured since i was watering in the am before work and it would be dry by the time I got home, it was time to transplant

Post Thanks / Like

Another noob grow!

I'm sure the more experienced crowd hates these things but can anyone tell if there's something going on here? She's been droopy lately. I've been careful with nutes. Should she be at full strength now? Just transplanted her today

If she was at my place, I'd give her 1/2 strength nutes for the next 2 feeds and I'd try to wet down just the outside of the media to encourage her to hunt for water.

After that, I'd feed, water, feed, water

defectndesign thanked you for this post
    defectndesign, Rider509 liked this post

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/320639-hydro-guy-gets-dirty-ma.html

Post Thanks / Like

Another noob grow!

SUBBED Another noob grow! and Liking the set up!!!

I'm still in my first year but it's good to see other newbs taking these green thumbs and stride lol...

Loving the drip system.. trying to plan how I'm going to switch from soil to coco drip? This one guy said he uses crushed coco shells and feeds as he pleases. So I'm curious as to how that will work out with me trying to veg for no more than 6 weeks and get them as big as possible. Nonetheless keep it up!!

Grow one, Grow ALL!!!!

Check out my Journals

What would you do?

First Timer - Let's Grow!

Post Thanks / Like

On a plus side, everyone else has responded well to full nutes and 6 days under the big light

EBnFLO, NorCalHomeGro, TheFrizz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You should watering enough to get 10 to 20 percent waste every time. By not flooding the entire grow medium you are creating wet and dry pockets. And it's the action of the water draining out that helps pull air into the medium.

Rider509 First Grow - Indoor Soil - White Widow Journal - 2017
    Rider509 - Out Of The Pan & Into The Fire - Gold Leaf - 2017
    Siberian ThunderCat strain - 2017
    A Tale of Two Tents - Gorilla and Galaxy
    Elevated RDWC with Drip System
    The Tardis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rider509 View Post
    You should watering enough to get 10 to 20 percent waste every time. By not flooding the entire grow medium you are creating wet and dry pockets. And it's the action of the water draining out that helps pull air into the medium.
    So I don't have worry too much about over watering?

Post Thanks / Like

They say it's good to run to waste so there's no nute build up either. I'm using Canna's A+B for coco with great white hygrozyme hydroguard a little calmg and some humic for good measure. Sound ok?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Post Thanks / Like

They say it's good to run to waste so there's no nute build up either. I'm using Canna's A+B for coco with great white hygrozyme hydroguard a little calmg and some humic for good measure. Sound ok?

Sent from my iPhone usi
    For over-watering, I think how much water is put into the pot per single watering is not what you need to worry about.

Avoiding over-watering is all about waiting until the right time.

And what you wrote above sounds good to me (for whatever that's worth). Just watch the stems for purple colors. That will let you know if your calmag needs increasing.

Post Thanks / Like

For over-watering, I think how much water is put into the pot per single watering is not what you need to worry about.

Avoiding over-watering is all about waiting until the right time.

And what you wrote above sounds good to me (for whatever that's worth). Just watch the stems for purple colors. That will let you know if your calmag needs increasing.
    Thank you! Your advice is worth more than you know! Especially to someone like myself with little experience.
    Stems got real purple last week. Growth slowed big time. That's when I realized she had a problem. Since I started the new feeding program she's got a lot of new growth and it's a nice soft white. Kinda with I started with coco and not a dwc for my first go around

Post Thanks / Like

Another noob grow!

Thank you! Your advice is worth more than you know! Especially to someone like myself with little experience.
    Stems got real purple last week. Growth slowed big time. That's when I realized she had a problem. Since I started the new feeding program she's got a lot of new growth and it's a nice soft white. Kinda with I started with coco and not a dwc for my first go around
    Just don't listen to me too much! I'm still pretty new at all this too.

I am really stoked about growing in coco also! My first ever grow was coco and then I tried a bunch of other stuff only to arrive back at coco now and for the foreseeable future Another noob grow!
    GandalfsPipe, defectndesign liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just don't listen to me too much! I'm still pretty new at all this too.

I am really stoked about growing in coco also! My first ever grow was coco and then I tried a bunch of other stuff only to arrive back at coco now and for the foreseeable future Another noob grow!
    I'm in dwc now but my next two on deck are in coco. They were going to go outside but we have some college kid neighbors. Nice kids. Just don't trust them. But so far I'm loving the ease of it. It's foolproof hydro.
    EBnFLO liked this post

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

How are those drip rings working out for you? I only top watered mine sparingly and manually until the roots were in the water. After that I stopped doing it and my water level is just below the bottom of the basket...maybe a 1/2". I can see that about 1/4" of the bottom of the basket stays wet and have maintained that for several weeks now. No clue if that is good or not...being the newb I am!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalHomeGro View Post
    How are those drip rings working out for you? I only top watered mine sparingly and manually until the roots were in the water. After that I stopped doing it and my water level is just below the bottom of the basket...maybe a 1/2". I can see that about 1/4" of the bottom of the basket stays wet and have maintained that for several weeks now. No clue if that is good or not...being the newb I am!
    I'm a little torn on the drip rings. There's some benefits but I see more people without them having better results. I think with the larger basket and drip rings constantly running, the roots dont search as hard for water. Therefor they don't make it to the res to build a mass. And when you start with drip rings you need to end with them. I had a clone in the begging that started to build roots in the res so I took the ring out. Big mistake! Ended up tossing her due to root rot. Luckily she was in her own bucket and not cycled with the rest. I could have brought her back but but needed the room for the two up and comers.
    That's exactly the level I keep my water too. Ended up and air stones to the buckets. The drip ring bubbles the water in the res but they're big bubbles. I wanted air defused more. Made a big difference. I can see the roots starting to crowd the stone
    NorCalHomeGro thanked you for this post
    NorCalHomeGro liked this post

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast