Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with pH fluctuation

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with pH fluctuation

pH is a funny thing ain't it?
    I am 10 weeks into my DWC grow and I use a blue labs guardian pH, tds/ec monitor that stays in my Rez 24-7. I chart at least daily but two to three times is the norm. I'm luck to be able to see what is going on all the time.
    After a Rez change my pH is around 4.5 and it will take about a day for my girl, the temp, evaporation etc, to sort out and the Rez will eventually find a state of homeostasis. I don't know if it's luck or it's why DWC works but it always seems to be between 5.8-6.2 pH. My Rez temps are between 68-72.
    It might be my nutes are designed that way (Rx Green) but I have just stopped chasing PH because after reading posts by Rifleman and the data supplied by my nute mfg, it's a waste of $ it stresses the plant and there is no need.
    I am posting this because I read this type of post frequently. Hell I read your post because I had the same question when I first started DWC. Now I don't even give PH a thought anymore.
    A couple of things.
    Z7 works great for me.
    Go get an aquarium pH testing kit from local super store. They are cheap and if you are not 100% sure about your pen, it's a great insurance and makes you sleep gooder at night.
    Water temps will fluctuate PH more than anything. I struggled until I moved my air pump to the coldest area I could.
    Leave em be.They will sort themselves out
    Congratulations, you have done a super job. They look like they are gonna be super nice ladies.

Lots of hope and promise,
    Gauge
    Rifleman thanked you for this post
    Rifleman liked this post

Gauge Steels House Warming Party. COB - Cookies and Kush, Hydro Downstairs, all Welcome
    Come visit the Hempy Headquarters
    How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know
    1st Grow GC - DWC - LED- Indoor 2017- Completed

Plant of the Month - November 2015 Member of the Month - March 2016 Rifleman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guage Steel View Post
    pH is a funny thing ain't it?
    I am 10 weeks into my DWC grow and I use a blue labs guardian pH, tds/ec monitor that stays in my Rez 24-7. I chart at least daily but two to three times is the norm. I'm luck to be able to see what is going on all the time.
    After a Rez change my pH is around 4.5 and it will take about a day for my girl, the temp, evaporation etc, to sort out and the Rez will eventually find a state of homeostasis. I don't know if it's luck or it's why DWC works but it always seems to be between 5.8-6.2 pH. My Rez temps are between 68-72.
    It might be my nutes are designed that way (Rx Green) but I have just stopped chasing PH because after reading posts by Rifleman and the data supplied by my nute mfg, it's a waste of $ it stresses the plant and there is no need.
    I am posting this because I read this type of post frequently. Hell I read your post because I had the same question when I first started DWC. Now I don't even give PH a thought anymore.
    A couple of things.
    Z7 works great for me.
    Go get an aquarium pH testing kit from local super store. They are cheap and if you are not 100% sure about your pen, it's a great insurance and makes you sleep gooder at night.
    Water temps will fluctuate PH more than anything. I struggled until I moved my air pump to the coldest area I could.
    Leave em be.They will sort themselves out
    Congratulations, you have done a super job. They look like they are gonna be super nice ladies.

Lots of hope and promise,
    Gauge

Some one reads my posts ? Oh my. Quite a bit will depend on the nutrient brand. Not all will find a homeostatic spot and remain there. If you have time and don't get too bored, I do have a months worth of daily pH and ppm readings. AN mostly, but Remo with a couple of my current plants.

My best advice for dwc growers....buy the best nutrients you can afford, same with testing pens. Keep it all clean, calibrated, and spend 30 or 40 minutes a day tending to your reservoirs and plants.
    Gauge Steel thanked you for this post
    Gauge Steel, Lazarus13 liked this post

- -

The Roost - Perpetual
    Show some love and visit our SPONSORS
    Don't forget to Vote in our Monthly CONTESTS

Post Thanks / Like

Rifleman I have been told you are the one to talk to about dwc I am starting my first in next couple weeks would be greatly appreciated if ya could give me few tips and tricks what works and doesn't just general info

Plant of the Month - November 2015 Member of the Month - March 2016 Rifleman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stikyicky View Post
    Rifleman I have been told you are the one to talk to about dwc I am starting my first in next couple weeks would be greatly appreciated if ya could give me few tips and tricks what works and doesn't just general info
    Get your post count up over 50 so we can pm, or hit me up at The Roost, linked below, so we dont clutter someone else's thread.

I'm currently in my off season and on the road but I check in every once in a while..... (daily) I don't know that I'm "the one" but I do appreciate the thought. I hope I can help fill in the blanks.

The enlightened West Coast legalized zone
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gauge Steel View Post
    May I suggest that a better solution is to buy a bottle of calibration solution for your pH pen and calibrate it carefully?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12