PH keeps rising after using lemon juice

SSHaze

Hi,

I'm currently using a tote dwc with an air pump. I'm using tab water which is at ph 8.1
It's soft water with a total of 215ppm. (without nutrients).

After adding the nutrients and the lemon juice to lower to PH to 5.5-5.8, the ph is rising very quickly and in a matter of a few hours/half a day, the ph value is sometimes as high as 7.7

My question is: is lemon juice any good? Should I buy a PH lower instead of the lemon juice? And if so, what do you guys do to keep your PH constant at a value of 5.5 - 6.0

Thank you!

Even with commercial PH minus it can come back up. If I treat mine to 6.0 now and wait 24 hours it will be at 7ish. People say light and heat can raise it....I dunno, I just make sure it's close when I feed.

BTW, be careful with the commercial stuff, I can dip a small spoon in PH minus and stick it in a 1/2 pot of water and it can bring down the PH from 8 to 7 or maybe 6....be sure to have plenty of water to experiment.

Thanks for your reply.

I've read stories of people saying that the ph shouldn't go up that quickly. It usually goes up by 0.1-0.3 in a day or so is what I've been reading...

I've also read stories you should bring ph down to 5 and then raise it with ph up to 5.7 - 6... I don't know what to believe now lol

Lemon juice will bring PH down as it contains citric acid. Low ph is acidic and high ph is alkaline (baking soda would make PH rise).

I would only use lemon juice I dirt. Sorry for any misinformation. It has a low % of citric acid therefore you'll need way to much of it. I recommend getting PH down.

Back
Top Bottom