DWC help new grow

Oldwayno

I have previously grown in coco with a good result this is only my second grow and im choosing dwc my setup consists of the following.

Grow tent, 1.2 x1.2 x 2.0m
Light, 400ww digital balast MH
100L resivior with 110 mm grow baskets submerged with clay balls
100ml airration stones x2
Inlet fan 100ml
Outlet fan 250ml with attachable carbon filter
Twin osalating clip fans

Nutes nutrifeild grow a&b 100ml of both
Nutrifeild veg ignitor 10ml
Nutrifeild cargo boost 7ml

Total tds 586ppm

Ph 5.7

Tap water with a 1200 pm EC yes I should be using ro

My question been how often does the res need changing when the nutes drop off I was thinking every 2-3 weeks
And I have what seems to be nutes burn so dropped my tds back to 330 ppm is there any other tips tricks I should known of I will be Scroggin aswell I'm a novice with this only my second grow but I was shocked from my first grow getting 8.5oz off 2 plants strains unknown any info would be good here is some pics of my Dwc and couple from last grow.
420-magazine-mobile882847337.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1396382040.jpg
420-magazine-mobile576204401.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1643097411.jpg
420-magazine-mobile559983167.jpg
420-magazine-mobile770148283.jpg

Could anybody I'd those strains from last grow I think one is from an idica strain the front one has me stuffed what it is

Thanks

My tip is buy a RV inline Carbon filter and try and remove some of the 1200 TDS from your tap water.

AND

Try not to top feed instead let the plants roots seek the water at the bottom of the net pot , and keep the net pot bottom at least 1 inch below the waters surface to start (imo)

All the top feeding people do slows root growth instead of helps it.

And last If you buy seeds you will know what they are , so buy seeds and avoid the mixed packs.

i like to know what im growing so keep my seed labelled .

6weeks veg sitting up at 920ppm TDS extra airration added to keep up, drinking over 100L in 4 days and that sweet smell is stinking so strapped the carbon filter on early

420-magazine-mobile1941324893.jpg

Heaving pruned twice throughout so far to open up the leaves to obsorbe the light and trimmed the bottom stems out setting up my rods for flower time

i have a rdwc system and change my entire system every 7-10 days with r/o water

when i used a dwc reservoir i would fill my nutes as followed by a grow chart and then i would just mix 1/4 strength nutes after one week and top off when level drops.
i think in a dwc res like that you can get away with topping off water/ neuts for 2 weeks then change.

or just change it once a week would be the best option and top up with water

this is just from my minimal experience. :)

i have a rdwc system and change my entire system every 7-10 days with r/o water

when i used a dwc reservoir i would fill my nutes as followed by a grow chart and then i would just mix 1/4 strength nutes after one week and top off when level drops.
i think in a dwc res like that you can get away with topping off water/ neuts for 2 weeks then change.

or just change it once a week would be the best option and top up with water

this is just from my minimal experience. :)
Thanks mate appreciated info

I have been replenishing once a week with my nutes and 1ml of bleach it seems to work well and keep the scale down

I have a question I have recently tried dwc and to be honest it went terrible ended up killing the plant after about two weeks. Are you suppose to change the water and nutrients every weeks or add to it. I have never tried hydro before my last failed attempt. Any and all comments and tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have a question I have recently tried dwc and to be honest it went terrible ended up killing the plant after about two weeks. Are you suppose to change the water and nutrients every weeks or add to it. I have never tried hydro before my last failed attempt. Any and all comments and tips would be greatly appreciated.
I worked out make sure you have plenty of airration going through the water and keep nutes a bit lower i have only been topping up my nutes now seems to be working well there in flower now

I worked out make sure you have plenty of airration going through the water and keep nutes a bit lower i have only been topping up my nutes now seems to be working well there in flower now

Thanks. Yeah I was using he whole Fox farm lineup almost certain I just burned it completely. Yeah that was my first attempt I started that the same time as my other 2. Which is a few weeks alway from harvest

Thanks. Yeah I was using he whole Fox farm lineup almost certain I just burned it completely. Yeah that was my first attempt I started that the same time as my other 2. Which is a few weeks alway from harvest
Sounds like you have it under control

My babies get a res change every 7 days. Put to germ on 4/20. Started at 1/4 strength recommended nute doses, worked my way up to 3/4 strength to a bit of nute burn. Backed down to 50% for several weeks now with no problems. Dialed in on this virgin growth in DWC. Day 72 from germ today.

Back
Top Bottom