Holy Hardwater Batman!

Klaatu

420 Member
I have a problem with hard water in my tubs. I don't have the $ to get R.O. and would need to get 40 gal. of distilled water delivered to me every week, that's $250 per month.. So, neither of those are options right now.
I was hoping this would help; "GH Floramicro for hardwater" Flora Micro Hardwater by General Hydroponics | Planet Natural
If anyone has had any experience with this product I would appreciate some feedback on HOW MUCH this helped you lower your PPM's. Maybe just give me the approximate PPM levels you've experienced before and after using this product?
Thank you for your help!

My tap water is 160ppm and when I first started doing DWC I used GH Floramicro for hardwater and it worked ok.

What was a game changer for me was when I started using Z7 water treatment. It does a lot of good things.

It breaks down the salts and keeps everything clean and clear of any salt build up.

It also helps in holding the ph steady while it keeps the root zone free from rot and slime.

I use botanicare kind and Z7 these days. Botanicare kind is much easier to work with and hold it's ph much better the GH 3part.

I've never tried those products before. I am using Hydroguard right now and I've only changed the nutes twice and I see a lot of residue around the top ring of my nute level, in the tub and on my air stones. Not very encouraging!?
Why is it doing that, BTW I use 1/2 strength of the GH Trio and Cal Mag with a little Superthrive.
My PPM water is 200 after I add my nutes it's 900...what up?

The Trio and hydrograud or something for the roots is all you should need at this point.

I would say stop using Superthrive and put that money into z7 and you should not need Cal-Mag unless your in flower.

My hydroton looks like new and I have not washed it for years.

The z7 is what is keeping it clean. I never wash my buckets, stones or hydroton anymore.

Well, my hydroton rocks have been in there for only 30 days and they look milky white, and also upon the Rapid Rooters.
And now with a fresh nute change using Floramicro Hardwater product my PPM is now 965. Which is up from my original nutes, before I was using Flora Hard Water?

My tap water has a ppm around 160 and is what is considered "hard water". I just use it and never give it a thought. I've used Humboldt, Advanced, and Remo without any problems.

PH-EC_Chart1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom