FoxFarm Nutes Problems

Mayne

Hi, Running FoxFarm nutes, in week 2 flower, nutes are at 320ppm after mixing and ph'n. Says they should be in the 1120 range. How do I raise PPMs?

Using Big3 and Open sesame right now, with recharge, but cant get PPMs over even 400.

Growth is slower then expected, temps at 66Res, ph static at 5.8

3 gallon res mix, would add 1/gln worth per big 3 again till desired level?

so, another tbl BB, 5ml Growbig, and 5ml Tigerbloom? then again and again till i get to 1100?

Thanks in advance folks

Hi, Running FoxFarm nutes, in week 2 flower, nutes are at 320ppm after mixing and ph'n. Says they should be in the 1120 range. How do I raise PPMs?

Using Big3 and Open sesame right now, with recharge, but cant get PPMs over even 400.

Growth is slower then expected, temps at 66Res, ph static at 5.8

3 gallon res mix, would add 1/gln worth per big 3 again till desired level?

so, another tbl BB, 5ml Growbig, and 5ml Tigerbloom? then again and again till i get to 1100?

Thanks in advance folks
What type of water are you using? To increase ppm you'll have to add more nutes. I have that problem time to time so I just add some cal mag and a few other things to increase ppm

Thanks for the input demonicAngel,

its RO, did what outlined above in post, got them up to 420 ;) actually grew an half inch since,lol. most visual growth in that timeframe since 14 days from seed.

but i also moved my lights closer at about same time so, we'll see what happens now. ITs a modded Mars300, with 4000k 3w diodes, getting 43,000lux or about 600par at 26 inches, so movd them from 34inchs

If a product manufacturer's nutrient calculator states that you should be seeing PPMs in the range of almost four times what you're actually reading for the same dosage/mixing levels... then either your EC/PPM meter is badly out of calibration (when is the last time you checked/recalibrated it?) or junk, OR your nutrients have become significantly diluted (which seems highly unlikely unless someone stole over half of your nutrients and replaced the volume with water, lol).

If a product manufacturer's nutrient calculator states that you should be seeing PPMs in the range of almost four times what you're actually reading for the same dosage/mixing levels... then either your EC/PPM meter is badly out of calibration (when is the last time you checked/recalibrated it?) or junk, OR your nutrients have become significantly diluted (which seems highly unlikely unless someone stole over half of your nutrients and replaced the volume with water, lol).

Or (as often seems to be the case with me ;)) you weren't paying attentions while mixing the chemicals and made up your batch wrong.

Or (as often seems to be the case with me ;)) you weren't paying attentions while mixing the chemicals and made up your batch wrong.

What do you mean, three milliliters per gallon, I thought it said three milliliters per liter, oops!

LOL,funny sht ,, probably, IDK, Sat is change day, Ill let it ride it out and see what she looks like tomorrow.

My night temps are cold too,(65-67) so that might be a factor. Going to put dang heater in tonight i guess. at least to keep them above 70.

I can tell ya this much tho, I sure miss KindSoil.

Got one better for ya,

.5ml not 5 ml on the pipette, BWAHAHAHAHA

well, that says alot of why sht hasnt been right since week 2, smh, what a dummy.

So, this whole time, it was short of some nutes or another. kinda surprised she held up this long. I was astonished by the growth the first 2 weeks, thinking, dang, Im not going to have room for this chick, then, Nothing.

Thanks for the help folks, :high-five:

.5ml not 5 ml on the pipette

I'd suggest a set of different sized ones, but that could end up being what caused that particular issue, lol (if two different sized measuring devices each had a "5" on them).

well, that says alot of why sht hasnt been right since week 2, smh, what a dummy.

So, this whole time, it was short of some nutes or another. kinda surprised she held up this long.

Be happy - if your problem had actually been overfeeding, you might have killed it. Instead, it consumed the nutrients in the soil (burst of growth), then survived on your... maintenance doses. You can't "force-feed" light to a plant; it only uses so much of it. Your plant merely started using (much) less light-energy due to not having sufficient nutrients. I've kept mini-mothers alive for long periods and I fed them very little because I wanted to keep them small.

I don't remember what phase of development your plant was in. Hopefully it's still in vegetative growth and you can extend the length of vegetative light (schedule) in order to let the plant grow more. Stresses (and little OOPSes) can hurt yield but, often, that is mainly represented by having to allow extra vegetative time to arrive at the same size plant the grower wanted to flower. IOW, the harvest amount may still be comparable if the grower is willing/able to extend the vegetative period (at which point, the decreased yield gets expressed in less yield per plant per day - divide yield by total number of days - instead of a grow that didn't take any longer, but produced less). Both show decreased yield, kind of, but one or the other might be more appealing to the grower, depending on his/her specific circumstances.

Man, let me tell ya, Sooooooo Happy THEY didnt pack it in. I think this is Blue Dream or deathStar, one of the 2. The Tall one, well, lets just say, She looks beat up, like, if she could talk, she would be sayin, " WTH Mayne"

The tall one, I call it Squiggy. Because they leaves were squiggly the first time I grew it. It was a CFL grow, like, Micro 1ft by 1ft cab, in MG soil, and MG nutes, I know I know. lol.. a bunch of, "really Mayne"??

She gave me a few seeds, and the buds were big and smell was awesome. Got a good 9 grams, LOL.. So, I had to give her another run, but this time, I tricked her. I actually started it rockwool cube, and stuffed her in a gallon jug with KindSoil and FFOF soil. Was going strong, Slow at first, but thats what happens when u dont presoak in PH water, AND nutes, lol.. SO, she didnt really eat well till she got to the kindsoil. Then, I really messed with her, by transplanting into DWC. First time ever messin with Hydro,

But yeah, like u said, better to underfeed then overfeed.

That taller is 72 days old from seed, just flipped 4 days ago, the smaller is 44 days old from seed, just flipped 4 days ago also.

d1PRE-MED1.png

d1PRE-MED3.png

d1PRE-MED2.png

dwc221.png

I thought i was over feeding, lol, so 3 weeks ago, i dropped nutes to 75%, minus the .5ml flub, so 40% maybe, smh
the last pick was at 3 week mark, on the right.

So, flowered start 4 days ago, and as you can see, i spread her out pretty good today. sleepin now, so be interesting to see how she acts now, both actually.

Back
Top Bottom