Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recirculating Nutrient Schedule

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recirculating Nutrient Schedule

Heres a recipe for you if you want to try it. Just adjust the nutes for your size system. 600ppm might be a little hot for those young plants.

Post Thanks / Like

Recirculating Nutrient Schedule

alright,

what is Z7? is that kind of like HydroGuard?

i just changed the entire reservoir out on Friday and had it at 5.6 pH and 600 ppm and everything was fine all Friday into Saturday. Now today, Sunday, it has gone wild.

What would have caused it to so drastically change like this? And what can I do to prevent this happening again?
    My wallet can't keep having this happen. Lol

I added a submerged pump into the reservoir to move the water around, hope this helps

The enlightened West Coast legalized zone
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr0w View Post
    what is Z7? is that kind of like HydroGuard?
    Z7 is some kind of magic enzyme stuff. People do seem to like it, but I'm wary. Hydroguard is a culture of beneficial root bacteria that colonize your reservoir. Good stuff, but expensive.

Sunday, it has gone wild.
    LOL, your description could be a lot more exact...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    LOL, your description could be a lot more exact...
    i just mean how today the pH jumped to 8.2 and have the big foam build up in the reservoir and buckets.
    just want to know why and what I can do to prevent it

Post Thanks / Like

i just mean how today the pH jumped to 8.2 and have the big foam build up in the reservoir and buckets.
    just want to know why and what I can do to prevent it
    My pH was highly variable as well. That bugged me and I never did figure it out. I adjusted it daily and things went OK though.

Have you heard of Advanced Nutrients' "pH Perfect" products? I asked about that on the general Hydroponics forum and people liked it and said it worked. I assume it's mixture of buffering to resist pH change plus chelating agents to make nutes more available.

Post Thanks / Like

My pH was highly variable as well. That bugged me and I never did figure it out. I adjusted it daily and things went OK though.

Have you heard of Advanced Nutrients' "pH Perfect" products? I asked about that on the general Hydroponics forum and people liked it and said it worked. I assume it's mixture of buffering to resist pH change plus chelating agents to make nutes more available.
    Yes actually. I have the 1litre bottles of it but in my 25 gallon system it is just too much money to spend. It doesn't go as far, and is priced way to high. I got the AN pH perfect for $70 for 1 litre jugs and got 4L of the GH flora series for $140 taxes in. (Canadian Dollars)

I use the AN pH perfect for my two outdoor plants and when I am starting from seed in my little drain to waste container. Stuff is just too expensive
    Scientific thanked you for this post
    Scientific, gtrmike470 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff is just too expensive
    Interesting. I still have lots of GH to use up (it's going on my tomatoes and flowers), but had thought about AN for the next grow.

Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I still have lots of GH to use up (it's going on my tomatoes and flowers), but had thought about AN for the next grow.

Thanks for the info!
    No problem. Stuff works really good though. Used it for the fist week in my rdwc but ended up using so much that the 1 litre jug would have only got me 1/4-way done a full crop.
    I will continue to use it in my dwc drain to waste as it is just nice to not have to watch the pH as often.
    I wish it wasn't pricy cause it's very nice to use

Post Thanks / Like

Z7 is some kind of magic enzyme stuff. People do seem to like it, but I'm wary.
    Z7 is an enzyme but its not magic. Your roots look like they've been brushed with Crest toothpaste. Pretty much anyone who has water temp or root issues uses either Z7 or Hydroguard. Hydroguard is expensive and is recommended to be used within 6 months of opening it. I could never use it up in 6 months in a 4 plant RDWC.
    gr0w thanked you for this post
    gr0w liked this post

My Journal...Please check it out

...4 Strawberry Kush F5's...How red can we get'em???(Current)

...Scrogdawg does 3 strains under 800 watts. Could be a trainwreck...(Current)

...Scrogdawgs 400W RDWC White Widow Fem Scrog Journal...(Completed)

Post Thanks / Like

Is that last picture is after you changed water. It still looks very foamy to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scrogdawg View Post
    Is that last picture is after you changed water. It still looks very foamy to me.
    I haven't changed the water yet. I have gotten the pH back down to 5.8 just going to see what it does next.

I need to find the problem/ solution.
    dumping nutes down the drain sucks.
    Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe just takes steps to reduce sudsing? Like turn down any air stones and release pumped water underwater and not at the surface where it splashes? (I'm thinking that the foaming may not actually be a big deal.)
    gr0w, gtrmike470 liked this post

Be kind to your lungs. Breath herbal vapors, not smoke.

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked the pH and ppm. I think things are looking better. pH5.9 ppm494

Post Thanks / Like

Recirculating Nutrient Schedule

Hey guys. (Pictures at bottom)
    I have a quick question (again) :p

So believe it or not these plants are exactly the same age. I started growing 3 plants outside and tried growing 6 inside. I lost two on the way and the 4 stayed somewhat healthy I kept inside.
    Now, before we started getting really into the hydroponics growing we were growing them with very little knowledge in a DWC container with a little tiny 45W led panel from ebay.
    Since then we have moved them into a 2x4 tent, 450W led and the undercurrent rdwc. Now, they have seemed to stop growing. Been like this for a few weeks in the tent and nothing has changed.

My question is, should we take the 3 we are growing outside and move them into the grow tent? And take the ones in the tent and throw them out?
    The ones outside are grown in soil with daily nuts given. I want to switch them into flower but don't know what to do with the ones in the tent?

Here are pictures of the them all.

Post Thanks / Like

Since then we have moved them into a 2x4 tent, 450W led and the undercurrent rdwc. Now, they have seemed to stop growing. Been like this for a few weeks in the tent and nothing has changed.
    I think your tent plants have stopped growing because they are in full flower. Better (brighter, closer) photos would help, but I do believe those are white pistils sticking out, no?

The outside plants look so happy that might thought would be to just leave them where they are doing well. Or are they photoperiod plants that need to switch over to 12/12 to flower?

I would suggest really reviewing your hydroponic technique before your next hydro grow. Those plants in the tent look like their roots might be drowning. Do you have them in soaking wet rock wool or something?
    OldMedUser liked this post

Be kind to your lungs. Breath herbal vapors, not smoke.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast