Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recirculating Nutrient Schedule

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recirculating Nutrient Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    I think your tent plants have stopped growing because they are in full flower. Better (brighter, closer) photos would help, but I do believe those are white pistils sticking out, no?

The outside plants look so happy that might thought would be to just leave them where they are doing well. Or are they photoperiod plants that need to switch over to 12/12 to flower?

I would suggest really reviewing your hydroponic technique before your next hydro grow. Those plants in the tent look like their roots might be drowning. Do you have them in soaking wet rock wool or something?
    Yes they have little pistils coming out, the plants are extremely small compared to other ones I've seen.
    They are in hydroton, but the roots have barely made it out of the net cups.
    I will take some better photos right now.

This was my first grow and I started growing clones I got from someone in soil and when I switcher them over to dwc they just never really seemed to do anything. Unfortunately I don't know the strains either.
    I'm honestly tempted to just start over. Now that I have a better understanding of how to grow.
    OldMedUser liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The enlightened West Coast legalized zone
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, they're in bloom!

I'm guessing they are autos?
    OldMedUser, gtrmike470 liked this post

Be kind to your lungs. Breath herbal vapors, not smoke.

Post Thanks / Like

Recirculating Nutrient Schedule

Yup, they're in bloom!

I'm guessing they are autos?
    Yeah, I have no idea. I've tried doing research on how to tell what strain I have but couldn't find that much info.
    I will do a transition res change Wednesday when I have time and switch to the 12/12 light schedule.
    Thanks for the help

Here are the roots.

My next grow I am going to take way more seriously with all the new knowledge I have learned. But I will see how this goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr0w View Post
    They are in hydroton, but the roots have barely made it out of the net cups.
    Only hydroton? Or were they in some kind of matrix like rock wool? Too-wet rockwool in hydroton will dwarf plants very nicely. Guesss how I know?

Quote Originally Posted by gr0w View Post
    I'm honestly tempted to just start over. Now that I have a better understanding of how to grow.
    I think that's your best bet with the tent plants, yeah.

First grows seem to be a big learning experience for everyone. Now you have a nice tent, a good light, and more experience. I'll bet grow #2 rocks!
    DukeO, OldMedUser liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet grow #2 rocks!
    And your outdoor plants look great!

Post Thanks / Like

And your outdoor plants look great!
    Do you think it would be worth my while to scrap the ones In the tent, and try and Clean the roots and replant them into the tent and switch them over to flower?

Post Thanks / Like

Only hydroton? Or were they in some kind of matrix like rock wool? Too-wet rockwool in hydroton will dwarf plants very nicely. Guesss how I know?
    When I got them they were in starter plugs
    Not sure what type. I heard rockwoll cubes suck though.

Post Thanks / Like

High gr0w

I was going to say you should switch to RO water but I took a peek back and you're already using it so it must be those cheap nutes that are pushing your pH so high. I've done DWC in Rubbermaid tubs with AN nutes for 16 years and rarely change nutes at all. I just check the ppm and add small amouts of nutes to bring it back up where I want it and never bother checking pH since I started using the pH Perfect line. I just bought gallon jugs of the 3-part for $120 for all 3 so $10/qt/L so they don't cost any more than GH/Scotts/Mon$anto nutes.

I've never used any of the various bacterial blends and I think that's what's causing the cloudiness and pH rise. Before the pH perfect line I always used peroxide in the tubs and only had root rot problems a couple of times when I had used clones that I'd started in real dirt instead of soilless mixes. Tried rockwool and it didn't work for me so stuck to the soilless.

Something is really screwed up when your roots grew so little in all that time. In 10 days after dropping the clones in the net pots there's usually masses of roots with some a foot long already.

Airstones in your rez is good enough to move the nutes around and adding a submersible pump is only going to heat them up.

If you got some AN left I'd maybe try to run a batch of it after cleaning the rez etc but that's not going to be easy to get it sterile and keep the plants. Maybe fill with water first and run some peroxide. Get some food grade and circulate for 24 hours, pouring some down thru the net pots and then just add your nutes to about 500ppm and hope for the best. Don't use any flushing stuff tho. I've seen that stuff kill stressed plants in a day.

Good luck!
    gr0w thanked you for this post

OldMedUser's 3-strain DWC/Soilless ScroG ExtravaGanja!

"Bad things happen to good people to balance the good things that happen to bad people."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldMedUser View Post
    High gr0w

I was going to say you should switch to RO water but I took a peek back and you're already using it so it must be those cheap nutes that are pushing your pH so high. I've done DWC in Rubbermaid tubs with AN nutes for 16 years and rarely change nutes at all. I just check the ppm and add small amouts of nutes to bring it back up where I want it and never bother checking pH since I started using the pH Perfect line. I just bought gallon jugs of the 3-part for $120 for all 3 so $10/qt/L so they don't cost any more than GH/Scotts/Mon$anto nutes.

Good luck!
    Thank you for the reply. Once again learning even more.

May I ask where abouts you picked up AN 3 part gallon jugs for $120?

Post Thanks / Like

In Kelowna, BC last August. 500g jar of Big Bud for $75. They were all out of Rhino Skin but I picked up some back here in Alberta. I expect to grow 15lbs or so with that so it's not that expensive. Power will cost 5X that much at least. Almost $90/mth to run my 1000W 12 hours a day.

Sitting here trimming up what I figure will be 2lbs and getting damn tired of that. At least the fresh scissor hash takes the edge off.

Scrogdawg, gtrmike470 liked this post

OldMedUser's 3-strain DWC/Soilless ScroG ExtravaGanja!

"Bad things happen to good people to balance the good things that happen to bad people."

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a little update during the transition week.
    Roots are finally coming out strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but I've gotta say the plant in the first photo does not look at all healthy. I am not a plant pathologist at all, but the stem looks so purple that it makes me think of a deficiency (Ca/Mg?), and those leaves are looking deficient as well (nitrogen chlorosis?). The plant overall is small and spindly.

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but unless you want to just see how the story ends, regardless of results (and there's nothing wrong with that, of course), I think those pups are just so small and sick that it might be time to give up on them and start over. Sorry.

gr0w thanked you for this post
    gr0w liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yup. That's exactly what I tried telling the GF but she thinks we can save them. I'm going to show her this post. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Would you recommend me bringing the 3 plants I am growing outside in and putting then into flower in the rdwc? Or do you think it would shock them too much transplanting them?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast