Recirculating Nutrient Schedule

gr0w

hey guys

I was very bored today and decided to make a Nutrient Schedule for myself with the products I am using in my Undercurrent RDWC System.

Figured I would share it with everyone to see if anyone has any suggestions on anything to change, or if everything looks good then to further help other growers :thumb:

so here it is: ANY and ALL Feedback is welcome
Note: This is not the recommended Nutrient Chart from GH but one I made after doing lots of research via the good ol' internet.

thanks!

GH_Recirculating_Nutreint_Scedule.jpg

Note: where the 420Magazine water mark is, there is no numbers

That looks do-able to me.

I don't know what Rapid Start and HydroShield and FloraKleen are and would guess that they truly are optional (i.e. unnecessary) unless one of them is a bacillus culture. My last grow used essentially exactly that schedule and worked fine without those 3 and plus HydroGuard.

That looks do-able to me.

I don't know what Rapid Start and HydroShield and FloraKleen are and would guess that they truly are optional (i.e. unnecessary) unless one of them is a bacillus culture. My last grow used essentially exactly that schedule and worked fine without those 3 and plus HydroGuard.

HydroGuard is now called HydroSheild by my understanding. It is a Bacillus root inoculant
GH RapidStart enhances your growing experience by delivering amino acids and nutrients that generate explosive root growth
and
Flora Kleep is: "Specifically designed to dissolve fertilizer salts, our solution not only flushes excess residue, but also releases a nutrient bond between plants and the system. This connection helps plants make the most of remaining fertilizers, especially in the crucial week just before harvest"

this is direct from the google machine :laughtwo:

I looked up HydroShield and found a brand of surface protection. Botanicare HydroGuard is good stuff, but pricey and has a short shelf life.

Amino acids?? So like vitamins for plants? Huh. Could be good. Dunno.

Fertilizer salts should dissolve in just plain old water, though I guess there might be some pH dependecy. Dunno. Like I said, I used FloraMicro, Gro, and Bloom plus CALiMAGic and HydroGuard and that worked great. Maybe some extra stuff would work even better. I guess you'd have to do an A/B test to see...

HydroGuard is now called HydroSheild by my understanding. It is a Bacillus root inoculant
GH RapidStart enhances your growing experience by delivering amino acids and nutrients that generate explosive root growth
and
Flora Kleep is: "Specifically designed to dissolve fertilizer salts, our solution not only flushes excess residue, but also releases a nutrient bond between plants and the system. This connection helps plants make the most of remaining fertilizers, especially in the crucial week just before harvest"

this is direct from the google machine :laughtwo:

I use Florakleen to fflushas well. But right now I'm running mostly Botanicare . For my last grow, Iuse GH, Ethan some good results. I would definitely recommend adding KoolBloom liquid, and KoolBloom powder to your schedule. Liquid through bloom, than powder in the last two weeks before flush.

PPM with R/O Water Before any additives:
IMG_085245.JPG

pH With R/O before any additives:
IMG_085342.JPG

Water Temp (sorry it's upside down)
IMG_085447.JPG

PPM after adding: 25tsp CaMg+, 12.5 tsp Micro, Grow, Bloom, 12ml of rapid start, 50ml hydrosheild
IMG_085550.JPG

pH after adding: above nutrients
IMG_086049.JPG

Humidity: 58% Temperature: 77*F

this was my results thus far, my plants are far behind as I messed up a few times and had to start fresh. Currently starting schedule starting with week 3.

Woke up this morning and looked in my reservoir and this is what I saw:
6242fdc5cbc42a020bc416e934eb6f3a.jpg

Is this an issue? What happened?

Checked the ppm and pH
Ppm is 515 and pH went up to 8.2. Should I try and chase it down or should it eventually find it's way?
9f22bf9b8aa8227999225761515db9bf.jpg

And also some murky waters in the 5 gal buckets.

28369b73e20b4458632233bd5fca0ac7.jpg
roots are finally starting to come out of the net pot.
a9db1c7fcfa39233471083e10a3a67f4.jpg

Drain it right away and clean everything up good in the buckets and res. Thats an issue for sure. Start a new res and get your PH to 5.8 and your ppm's to 400 for now.

Also cover your net pots with something to keep all light out. You'll be leaking light through the hydroton.

Heres a recipe for you if you want to try it. Just adjust the nutes for your size system. 600ppm might be a little hot for those young plants.
440ppmrecipe.jpg

alright,

what is Z7? is that kind of like HydroGuard?

i just changed the entire reservoir out on Friday and had it at 5.6 pH and 600 ppm and everything was fine all Friday into Saturday. Now today, Sunday, it has gone wild.

What would have caused it to so drastically change like this? And what can I do to prevent this happening again?
My wallet can't keep having this happen. Lol

I added a submerged pump into the reservoir to move the water around, hope this helps
270cb51a93fe7f072b4bdadbf035ef19.jpg

i just mean how today the pH jumped to 8.2 and have the big foam build up in the reservoir and buckets.
just want to know why and what I can do to prevent it

My pH was highly variable as well. That bugged me and I never did figure it out. I adjusted it daily and things went OK though.

Have you heard of Advanced Nutrients' "pH Perfect" products? I asked about that on the general Hydroponics forum and people liked it and said it worked. I assume it's mixture of buffering to resist pH change plus chelating agents to make nutes more available.

Back
Top Bottom