Over watering or under oxygenating - Need advice

trapgodd

Unknown seed from friend and was told it was good . Germinated in distilled water for 24 hours til seed cracked then Started in a unwrapped 1x1 presoaked Rockwood cube at 5.5 ph on heat pad on low setting inside humidity dome for additional 24 hrs. After sprouting I placed in dwc system under a marshydro 300watt led and top fed with 5.7ph/ 150 ppm gh series nutes for three day til roots appeared . Switched from top feeding to dwc system and still running it. The dwc is a simple made 1 gallon micro rezivour ment to grow a small scrog in closet space. It currently has a 60 gal. air pump feeding two 6 " air stones . Roots are currently dangling 4 inches from pot submerged in nutrient solution and today makes day 15 of plant since it was transplanted to top fed system. I recently bumped up her nutes to 700 ppm at a ph between 5.9/6.1 mostly from the oxygen on the water making ph raise . I do not know if her roots are damaged because there was a week room temps were high 80s and water temp was 86! Incredibly she managed to look wonderful til I fixed the heating problem and shocked the roots with ice packs under the bucket . I thought for sure I lost the crop because it was nearly I said over flat . I gave her a 24 he rinse with tap water ph to 6.7 with no light no heat cooled the water temp to 73 . Mixed a batch of fresh nutes in this order .

●5ml micro
●5ml grow
●5ml bloom
●2ml hydrogaurd
●1ml cal-mag
○all seperatly mixed into the distilled water at 75° .The ph is after adding in this particular brand of water leaves me at 4.7 ph . adding three drops of ph up into the rezivour stir well and allow to sit for a hour I usually have ph of 5.7 / 5.8 and after running on the system for few hours on is usually 6.0 or little lower .
But here lately the lowest nodes and branches look droopy . I do not know of she is just adjusting because she simply surprised me when i found her risen from the dead just a two night ago . I have fimmed her just a while ago and wonder what your opinions are on fixing this matter. Thank you guys !
420-magazine-mobile760595795.jpg

Hi -- Just a few comments:
  • A photo in natural light is always better--easier to see how the plant looks without the Martian color cast.
  • I don't know what brand Ca/Mg you are using, but CALiMAGic, at least, should always be added first.
  • Where did you get that nutrient ratio from? It looks like a funny ratio and probably too concentrated per gallon for that young a plant. GH nutes should be coming out in the pH six range when mixed properly in my experience.
  • A one-gallon reservoir is very quickly going to become completely choked with roots. 5 is is better, and will give you much better temperature, ph, and nutrient level stability.
  • Yes, high temps are bad, but the Hydroguard and good circulation will help. Fish keepers have an old trick of throwing a frozen bottle of water in the aquarium on hot days to lower the temp...
  • She looks very young to be topped already. How many nodes does she have?
  • You say rose from the dead a couple of days ago. What does that mean? In any case, topping a sick plant is not a great idea.

All that said, it doesn't look bad! Hope that helped...

I gave her a 24 he rinse with tap water ph to 6.7 with no light no heat cooled the water temp to 73 .

I'm sorry, but why on earth would you do that? There seems to be this folklore here of flushing plants with water as though that will help, like an enema or something. I don't get it. It reminds me of how doctors used to bleed patients in the 19th century! Your plant needs food and light!

I agree it's high ppm and I was not sure if it was sick or if I shocked it trying to cool the roots to quick using a frozen Pac from my lunch box under the dwc. now as far as the nutrients I was getting a ph of 6.8 with tap water after mixing . I was completely unaware of using cal mag first. Thank you for that advice! I need as much as possible I want to be successful at it . I'm not at home to tel you the brand cal mag . and to answer the last question about rose from the dead I mean I went in after check-in plant from cooling from 83 to 73 made her fan leaves lay completl y down and she started to lean over . But after all this she perked back up . I believe she had her third set of nodes before I fimmed .

I'm sorry, but why on earth would you do that? There seems to be this folklore here of flushing plants with water as though that will help, like an enema or something. I don't get it. It reminds me of how doctors used to bleed patients in the 19th century! Your plant needs food and light!
im sorry i didnt specify she had been low on oh around 4.1 I was worried I'm not to good at topping off nutes but it appeared I was way to acidic

Since you are using GH nutes, I'd suggest reading everything you can at their website, which has lots of good info.

Topping at the third node is not ideal but she'll probably survive.

I'd suggest reading some of the grow logs here to get some vicarious experience.

Remember that your plant wants to grow in damp soil and bright sun. That's really all it needs. Be gentle with it and don't subject it to too much too fast. If you just give it the right amount of food, light, and water, it will do the rest!

Your plant looks fine. You will be amazed at how big her roots get, so get her a bigger rez. And only use recommended nute ratios, and go on the light side-- 1/2 of GH's recommendation should be fine.

2017-06-06_Day_78_1500_079.JPG

Your plant looks fine. You will be amazed at how big her roots get, so get her a bigger rez. And only use recommended nute ratios, and go on the light side-- 1/2 of GH's recommendation should be fine.

2017-06-06_Day_78_1500_079.JPG
I defiantly agree it should have been half the recommend ration gh gives out. I also have rapid root I have yet to use . have you had any experience in this product? I was also informed about adding cal mag before micro and followed by the rest of my nutes. do you have any addition information to pass I may be doing wrong with my feeding ?

I defiantly agree it should have been half the recommend ration gh gives out. I also have rapid root I have yet to use . have you had any experience in this product? I was also informed about adding cal mag before micro and followed by the rest of my nutes. do you have any addition information to pass I may be doing wrong with my feeding ?

Go to the GH site and get their Flora Series hydroponic feeding recommendation and then dilute to half. (Have a look at Nebula Haze's site too. Google her.)

Mix your nutes Ca/Mg, then micro, then the rest.

And do read the info at the GH site. Lots of good info there.

And do read my log at the link I sent. Our setups are pretty similar...

Are you talking about Rapid Rooters? The grow plugs? People LOVE those things but they are expensive. Kind of late in the game for you now though.

You have everything you need now for a good grow except a 5 gallon bucket. Get that and be gentle and attentive with your baby and you'll do great. :thumb:

Go to the GH site and get their Flora Series hydroponic feeding recommendation and then dilute to half. (Have a look at Nebula Haze's site too. Google her.)

Mix your nutes Ca/Mg, then micro, then the rest.

And do read the info at the GH site. Lots of good info there.

And do read my log at the link I sent. Our setups are pretty similar...
will do I am currently starting at page 1

Here are the stats: Scientific's Hydro Dwarf Low Flyer 24/7 Illumination Fireplace Grow Journal - 2017

Remember this was a Dwarf Low Flyer that was only 16" tall. Hydroponics can give unbelievable growth and awesome yields when you get it dialed in. (Lot of mixing and measuring and hauling and pouring and draining, though. Next time I'll design for easier upkeep!)
would love to show u my plans I have a huge 8x6x4 tent and two more 600 mars hydro led lights. planned on doing a rdwc 30 gal res with inline real time blue lab guardian . I have the blue lab ph tester and ppm ec meter

maybe going to try to have 6 pot sites all off it . I also thought about getting a ebb and flow controller bucket and getting away from dwc . but he'll who knows I like dwc I would try to do aeroponics again . lol even try fogponics

Good morning to all!
I came in this morning to check on her . She looks to be holding strong I see a big difference in her stance and roots have gained

Back
Top Bottom