Wilted dead plant overnight

dieselskunk

Skunk #1 clones RDWC Nutes around 800ppm with a low PH of around 5.5, air stones in every bucket and I add hydro guard every week and change nutes every 2 weeks. I do plan to get my Ph back up to around 6 when I get some ph up. This plant looked ok the night before but now it looks like it was not watered. This is my second clone kill. I don't want to get out of hydroponics but this is killing me.

Plant on the top is the dead skunk #1 clone and the right is an Amnesia clone still going strong.
0013641.JPG
0023483.JPG

The water temp is around 72* and the roots looked great and had no smell. This is a 1st hydro so I guess it is all a learning experience. I think it may have been a PH issue.

I went though some of that kind of stuff with DWC early on.

I bet if you took a cutting off that wilted plant and put it into a spray cloner.

It would pop right back to life in a few hours.

I say that. Because that is what I have done in the past.

In my mind I was seeing what your seeing from two different things.

First way I would have it happen was because of my water temps being so high because of doing DWC buckets.

Over night I could have one wilt all up just like yours. My fix to that was z7 water treatment.

It lets me grow with rezs temps up to about 80f without issues. Most of the time I can keep it about 74to76f.

The second way I have seen that happen is by raising the water level to high.

Once a plant gets used to having the water level in one place for a long time. The roots above the water line start to take in oxygen from the air(at lest that is the way it seems to me) and if you fill the rez higher then normal within a few hours I have had had plants wilt just like yours.

The water was still below the basket. But higher then I had been keeping it.

Both ways I have taken cuttings off a had them pop right back in the cloner. It is like the plant just shuts off the roots.

I know that all can sound a little crazy. But give it a test if you can.

Oh and the first thing I would do with a plant like that is take it out of the light.

I might come back by just doing that. (sorry I should of read how old this post was)

I do change the nutes every 2 weeks. My water ph is around 5.6 out of the tap and as I add nutes it can get lower. I need to find some ph neutral grow feed. I have kept the water level pretty even so far. Right now I am waiting on an outdoor plant I used colloidal silver on a branch. It has some nice pollen sacks that should open soon. The rest of the plant has nice buds.

I do change the nutes every 2 weeks. My water ph is around 5.6 out of the tap and as I add nutes it can get lower. I need to find some ph neutral grow feed. I have kept the water level pretty even so far. Right now I am waiting on an outdoor plant I used colloidal silver on a branch. It has some nice pollen sacks that should open soon. The rest of the plant has nice buds.

5.6 out of the tap is horrible, whats the ec or ppm of your tap?

Back
Top Bottom