DWC additives for cloner

MiOutdoorsman

I'm going to try out my dwc cloner soon and I'm looking for advice on additives to keep slime build up out of the resivour. Its a new oxy cloner. Thanks in advance

Thanks dj I'll look into z7. I'm a complete newbie with any kinda hydro. There's so many varieties of additives to choose from. I'm just tierd of cloning in a dome and I'm interested in dwc I figured it would be a good learning experience

Yeah I know what you mean by all the additives. My res temps run in the mid to high 70's and Z7 takes care of it for me, no slime or root rot at all.This will be my first time cloning in the eight site bucket that I made and hope it works out. Trying anything different is always a learning experience as I found out by doing my last grow in soil. I think I'll stick with hydro. For me it's easier and faster to fix things when they go wrong.

Hey I just realized I commented on your cloner thread. I thought your username looked familiar. Lol. I know what you mean about learning from trying different things. I'm the kind of person who likes to try different things. I think bubble buckets looks like it would be interesting to try

I use noting but z7 and un ph'ed tap water in my spray clone and get a 99.99% success rate.

With z7 and a spray cloner it just make everything easy.

I use a 8 site bucket that I put a 360 spay head that is used for lawns. So it never clogs. Got the cloner on ebay for about $30

The z7 keeps everything clean. I use old clippers to take my cuts and use no gels or powders and it works every-time.

Some tricks I learned along the way is do not give the clone to much light before they have roots. They do not need it and it will make them over work and start to look bad. Put them in the dark for 24hrs and then give them 1/2 light for 5 or 6 days and you should have roots starting and then move them to full light. That way every leaf will stay nice and green the whole time. I give mine about 4 to 5 days from when I first see roots till I move them to their dwc bucket.

Thanks Duke for the info. I'll definitely give that a try. I'm looking forward to having better success cloning. I have terrible luck with plugs and dome

Yeah thanks for the tips DukeO. It was all the threads I read from you that got me started using z7 and man am I glad I did.
Good to see you around again.

Hey dukeO and dj1714, I appreciate all the info you guys have shared on Z7. I have been battling slime and rot out of no where after years of problem free success and have tried zone and sm90 to no avail. I bought Z7 based off your experiences but I realized part 2 has a brownish colored tint to it. Is this normal? Also, do your bottles come sealed? Mine came with tape over the caps, but no actual seal under the cap. Thanks so much for the help!

Hey dukeO and dj1714, I appreciate all the info you guys have shared on Z7. I have been battling slime and rot out of no where after years of problem free success and have tried zone and sm90 to no avail. I bought Z7 based off your experiences but I realized part 2 has a brownish colored tint to it. Is this normal? Also, do your bottles come sealed? Mine came with tape over the caps, but no actual seal under the cap. Thanks so much for the help!

Yes one of them is clear and one I would say is a light brown. I don't really remember. But both my bottles came wrapped together with plastic and I just pull the plastic back from the tops. I am not sure if they had seals under the tops.

Use straight tap water with chlorine still in it
Wash rinse, scrub your cloner with h2o2 every month

I do use straight tap water in my cloner. But I also use z7 and I have not done anything more then rinse out the cloner bucket(or dwc bukets) with tap water for 3 years now. The z7 has taken care of it for me.

Part 1 is clear and part 2 has a light golden brown tint. This is normal. Like DukeO all my orders of z7 came wrapped in plastic.
Cheers.

Thank you so much guys! I really hope this solves my issues for good! Just finished cleaning the system, changing the water/nutes, and added Z7 to some struggling DWC moms. Going to try Z7 + hydroguard from clone through flower my next round. Also going to bleach/physan20 all my equipment and boil all my hydroton for 30 minutes to make sure everything is dead. Hopefully that puts a good ending to this horrible saga ive been going through! Thanks again for such quick replies, ill be sure to provide an update on results!

Hey guys I forgot to ask how often you recommend changing the water and nutrients in the reservoir? Also is there a need to add more Z7 in between rez changes or the initial dose is enough? Thanks again

I never change the water in the cloner.

I get roots at about 7days and move them into their buckets at about 9 or 10 days.

I just use tap water and z7 till the move. Unless I need to hold them in the cloner for a while. Then I may trim the roots to make them branch out and to stay out of the pump and I will give a little nutes at that point.

But most of the time they only get the first mix of z7 and water and then they move to dwc buckets with 1/4 nutes for the first week.

That all works for me like that because I don't give them much light until I see roots. They do not need it and they will not need as much water that way. All leaves should stay nice and green the whole way through.

Sounds good dukeO, thanks. I'm still extremely successful with cloning, but the slime always seems to get me in the vegetative stage. Do you change out the reservoir/bucket nutrients at all when in the vegetative or flowering stage, or you just top off when needed? How long do you veg in the buckets before flipping to flower? And if you don't change out your nutrients, do you add more z7 periodically? Thanks a million times for the help!

Back
Top Bottom