Calcium Deficiency? First time grower - Need help diagnosing

JD77

Hey guys. First time grower here and also first time poster. I have been lurking the forums for quite some time and have been having a great grow till this week when the brown spots started showing up on my leaves. Everything I have been seeing points to a calcium deficiency. However a few other problems share the same trait it seems as a magnesium deficiency and a parasite (not too sure of the name off the top of my head). I have been following a flora series schedule I got off grow weed easy and the leaves were a robust green for 3 weeks till this week. The plant did grow quite a bit in a week and a half. Its not drooping or anything and still producing new green leaves. The roots are not slimy and dont have any oder to them at all really. They are a bit tan from nute stain I believe.

I did get some calimag yesterday and added it to the reservoir however from just yesterday I can tell more spots have popped up. It may just be spots that were getting ready to form, who knows.

Blackjack
20170930_210218.jpg

Master Kush. Blurry but its the only spot
20170930_210419.jpg

Roots
20170930_210327.jpg

What Strain is it? Most effected plant is Blackjack, second strain has one spot and its master kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? blackjack is sativa and MK is idica
How Many Plants? 1 of each
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? week 4
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 15 gallon
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 69 F
If Hydro, what type of Medium? Hydroton
If Hydro, what type of Setup? RDWC
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? Mars Reflector 144 LED 350WATT
Is it Air Cooled? fans
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 75F
RH of Room/Cabinet? 40%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 5.8
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? na
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? General hydroponics Flora series
Size or Square Footage of Room? 2 x 4 x 5

Your on top of it mate..

Thanks man. It was a bit surprising to see all those spots just show up. My first fear was they wear gonna die immediately lol

Give it cal mag and you should be good. And watch the new growth. The old spot won't go away. New growth is what you need to focus on

I agree that it looks like a Ca/Mg deficiency. I got rid of mine by adding 2.5 ml/gallon CALiMAGic to my (very soft) water (1.25 wasn't enough).

Just out of curiosity, do you know what your source water's pH is and the PPMs? Soft water seems more likely to have Ca/Mg problems (RO water being an extreme example of soft water, of course) because it lacks the calcium and magnesium usually found in hard water.

Quote....
I did get some calimag yesterday and added it to the reservoir however from just yesterday I can tell more spots have popped up. It may just be spots that were getting ready to form, who knows....

His on top of it fellas.. all will be good..

Thanks for the replies guys. The new growth seems to be doing great. I added some botanicare hydroguard the other day since my reservoir has been running at 70-71 and the roots seemed to explode overnight lol. I am curious though as to if any of you use this product and if it causes a very small bit of foam?

only other issue I am having is height of the plant. I got my scrog nets ready but they are slowly growing tall. In all honesty I believe its the light distance. Right now I am about 20" away on a 20/4 schedule. I cant raise my light any higher as the scrubber interferes with almost a foot of the top. My tent is 4x2x5 which now into this I know is too small for me. I have 6 footer on the way.

I ran HydroGuard and had a few bubbles, I guess, but I don't remember any foam to speak of. A little bit of foam doesn't sound like anything to worry about...

You believe what's the light distance? The fact that your plants are growing too tall?

Maybe relocate your scrubber somehow, like moving the filter element out of the tent?

The light is about 20" from the plants. The ,master kush is shorter than the blackjack. blackjack is at 8 and kush is at 7 inches. I would prefer to keep everything inside the tent. I have it on a platform to easily roll around. The new tent should be here tomorrow and switching over shouldnt take but 30 minutes. In that time I will give the roots a little air bath. They seem to love that

edit: I forgot to answer about my tap ppm. I read it at 106. Yeah we got crappy water lol

Thanks for the replies guys. The new growth seems to be doing great. I added some botanicare hydroguard the other day since my reservoir has been running at 70-71 and the roots seemed to explode overnight lol. I am curious though as to if any of you use this product and if it causes a very small bit of foam?

only other issue I am having is height of the plant. I got my scrog nets ready but they are slowly growing tall. In all honesty I believe its the light distance. Right now I am about 20" away on a 20/4 schedule. I cant raise my light any higher as the scrubber interferes with almost a foot of the top. My tent is 4x2x5 which now into this I know is too small for me. I have 6 footer on the way.

Yes it will cause foam. just alittle tho will go away after a few day.
420-magazine-mobile1711273076.jpg

Nothing wrong with validating, seconding, and expanding, eh?

Sorry, I thought you might have missed that part, no disrespect intended. And no nothing wrong with repeating. I'm always impersonating Jimmy two times :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom