Thread: Need your advice on Iron Chelate

Post Thanks / Like

Need your advice on Iron Chelate

Hi.
    Recently, I was able to find readymade 12% Iron Chelate (FeEDTA) powder in market. This should be very convenient to use, as it saves the hassle of preparing Iron Stock by mixing EDTA, KOH & IronSulfate.

Normally, I prepare IronChelate by following method (Hoagland recipe): I make one litre of Iron Chelate by mixing containing 10.4 gm EDTA.2Na ; 7.8 gm Iron Sulfate Heptahydrate ; 56.1 gm KOH. Then use 7 ml of this Iron Chelate solution in 1 litre of Hougland solution.

Now I'm wondering how much of readymade 12% Iron Chelate nutrient should I use to substitute the above ?
    Please advise. Thanks in advance for your expert help.

Plant of the Month - November 2015 Member of the Month - March 2016 Rifleman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Need your advice on Iron Chelate

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky G View Post
    Hi.
    Recently, I was able to find readymade 12% Iron Chelate (FeEDTA) powder in market. This should be very convenient to use, as it saves the hassle of preparing Iron Stock by mixing EDTA, KOH & IronSulfate.

Normally, I prepare IronChelate by following method (Hoagland recipe): I make one litre of Iron Chelate by mixing containing 10.4 gm EDTA.2Na ; 7.8 gm Iron Sulfate Heptahydrate ; 56.1 gm KOH. Then use 7 ml of this Iron Chelate solution in 1 litre of Hougland solution.

Now I'm wondering how much of readymade 12% Iron Chelate nutrient should I use to substitute the above ?
    Please advise. Thanks in advance for your expert help.
    Wish I could offer some help Vicky but I'm not a chemist, I just grow a little grass because it's cheaper than buying it.
    Scrogdawg liked this post

- -

The Roost - Perpetual
    Show some love and visit our SPONSORS
    Don't forget to Vote in our Monthly CONTESTS