Need your advice on Iron Chelate

Vicky G

Hi.
Recently, I was able to find readymade 12% Iron Chelate (FeEDTA) powder in market. This should be very convenient to use, as it saves the hassle of preparing Iron Stock by mixing EDTA, KOH & IronSulfate.

Normally, I prepare IronChelate by following method (Hoagland recipe): I make one litre of Iron Chelate by mixing containing 10.4 gm EDTA.2Na ; 7.8 gm Iron Sulfate Heptahydrate ; 56.1 gm KOH. Then use 7 ml of this Iron Chelate solution in 1 litre of Hougland solution.

Now I'm wondering how much of readymade 12% Iron Chelate nutrient should I use to substitute the above ?
Please advise. Thanks in advance for your expert help.

Hi.
Recently, I was able to find readymade 12% Iron Chelate (FeEDTA) powder in market. This should be very convenient to use, as it saves the hassle of preparing Iron Stock by mixing EDTA, KOH & IronSulfate.

Normally, I prepare IronChelate by following method (Hoagland recipe): I make one litre of Iron Chelate by mixing containing 10.4 gm EDTA.2Na ; 7.8 gm Iron Sulfate Heptahydrate ; 56.1 gm KOH. Then use 7 ml of this Iron Chelate solution in 1 litre of Hougland solution.

Now I'm wondering how much of readymade 12% Iron Chelate nutrient should I use to substitute the above ?
Please advise. Thanks in advance for your expert help.

Wish I could offer some help Vicky but I'm not a chemist, I just grow a little grass because it's cheaper than buying it. :)

Back
Top Bottom