Thread: Power Outage

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Power Outage

So yesterday evening not more than 5 minutes after my lights were set to go off, a storm knocked the power out. Well since I am doing DWC I had no air bubbles. I went to go online to look up what to do in this situation but my phone died once google loaded so.... damn.

It was out for about 3 hours so I took the plants out of the buckets and put them in a dry bucket for about 20 - 30 minutes then dipped them back in the water for a few then back in the dry buckets. They seem to be doing ok this morning.

So my question to you guys is whats a safe amount of time can roots be in water without bubbles? Anyone ever setup a battery backup for your air pumps?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power Outage

An associate of mine had the same issue recently and he had gone 12hrs without power before the generator was turned on. Only ran the generator for 4hrs a day there after over the course of 3 days with no issues.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so its not a like immediate thing that the roots drown? What did he do for lighting?

Post Thanks / Like

No lighting for 3 days. The equipment that was powered: chiller, dehumidifier, air and water pumps. The temps were mid to high 80’s during the day and low 80’s at night.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a 19.5 hour outage recently and my 4 plants were just fine.