Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DWC PH issues - Ph dropping like a rock - Please help

The enlightened West Coast legalized zone
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: DWC PH issues - Ph dropping like a rock - Please help

Hi all -- I'm late to the party but have read the thread and have a couple of comments.

First, I have a lot of experience with CO2 in aquatic reservoirs having had planted aquariums with CO2 injection for decades and a chem background. I'm pretty sure that being near a road or turning on the furnace aren't going to add enough CO2 to affect your pH. Also, "RO water sucking up CO2 like a sponge" doesn't sound right to me either. I don't mean to be critical or judgmental, I just think you need to look elsewhere. (Certainly if a combustion device is adding that much CO2 to your reservoir, it needs to be serviced since there is going to be CO in the mix as well, which is bad news...)

I used GH FloraSeries for my one and only hydro grow and had pH stability issues as well, but I also had a too-small reservoir (~3 gallons), and I suspect that was part of the problem. (I never did figure it all out.)

Just a thought: the people who have used Advanced Nutrients "pH Perfect" products (AN seems to have a lot of them) all seem to have no pH problems at all, saying that it really works. If I do another hydro grow, I think I will make the switch and use up the GH stuff on my fuchsias and tomatoes. I don't look forward to battling pH daily again.

Just my .02. Good luck figuring it out and correcting, and happy harvests.

Plant of the Month - November 2015 Member of the Month - March 2016 Rifleman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
    .....................Just a thought: the people who have used Advanced Nutrients "pH Perfect" products (AN seems to have a lot of them) all seem to have no pH problems at all, saying that it really works. If I do another hydro grow, I think I will make the switch and use up the GH stuff on my fuchsias and tomatoes. I don't look forward to battling pH daily again.

Just my .02. Good luck figuring it out and correcting, and happy harvests.

If you're going to use AN don't bother with anything more than the basic m,g,b. If you want to climb in the way back machine and look for it, I journaled a side by side m,g,b vs m,g,b + 1/2 dozen of their additives. No noticeable difference. I try to do regular reservoir changes every 7 to 10 days. Depends on how much they are drinking. The more they drink, the more often the reservoir changes.
    dj1714, gr0w liked this post

- -

The Roost - Perpetual
    Show some love and visit our SPONSORS
    Don't forget to Vote in our Monthly CONTESTS

Post Thanks / Like

I have been having the same problem, but I think I have solved it for myself. I have about a gallon of tap water at this point, but I'll mix it with RO water or my nut water. The PH has been staying steady at 6.5, I have actually worked on getting it down now, instead of up.

Either way the tap water is keeping it steady. The tap water is about 100+ ppm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123