Uniseals & tank fittings - Need RDWC build help

dooxy

Hey 420!

I am a EU grower, i started my first grow in 2x 5 gallon dwc buckets, but am now about to build a RDWC system. I will contact a chiller to this system.

For some reason Uniseals are only sold in the US, i can't find them in my market, i even seen aquarium guys on forums compliant about it. However i can get a MUCH more expensive alternative about 6 time the price, and that is tank fittings, that you glue.

My question is if i have a round bucket. Will a tank fitting work? from the pictures i have looked at. It seem to be made for a flat surface.

Another alternative i have is to use 18mm/ 0,7inch small kind of copy of a unseal, and garden parts, but i with small pipes like that, you need a strong pump for pressure the water true. Also you lose what ever self circulation, that you would get from 2-3 inch pipe.

:thanks:

They have Uniseal on UK Ebay if you want.

s-l160028.jpg

Square Tubs/Bins are easier to seal with using large Uniseals.

Just make sure you think about floods if your going to go RDWC.

Most people I know that run them have had at lest one of them.

I just run DWC buckets myself.

It lets me sleep better.

RDWC work great when it is all working right.

But if you get a clog and something cracks you can have a big issue on your hands if you did not prepare for something like that.

Hope that helps,Good Luck to You...

re: Uniseals & tank fittings - Need RDWC build help

They have Uniseal on UK Ebay if you want.

Uniseals from 99p All Sizes, Single and Multipacks, Koi bulkhead tank connectors | eBay

Square Tubs/Bins are easier to seal with using large Uniseals.

But if you get a clog and something cracks you can have a big issue on your hands if you did not prepare for something like that.

Hope that helps,Good Luck to You...

The price for me ordering from the UK plus the freight, is the same as ordering the more expensive stuff here, So no luck on that.

The issue i have is my temp 25C/77F in my buckets. So i got a super good deal on a hailea hc-100a chiller. That is why i want to go for a RDWC setup. But i see your point on the cracking of the pipes and stuff. That is why am looking at PVC pool fittings and so and and to glue them. I think the will be rock solid.

My DWC buckets run 74 to 80f

I use z7 water treatment and a lot of air for the the stones instead of a chiller.

Been growing like that for years with no root issues.

Sure I wish I could run cooler then that.

But it would be to risky to run RDWC where I am growing.

My DWC buckets run 74 to 80f

I use z7 water treatment and a lot of air for the the stones instead of a chiller.

Been growing like that for years with no root issues.

Sure I wish I could run cooler then that.

But it would be to risky to run RDWC where I am growing.

This products are no available, where am from but it sounds awesome! need to look it up. Now i have a chiller so might as well use it, i try to stay away from grow shop and try to buy everything from local hardware shops, since we have like 2 grow shops where am from, lets just say you are easy target if you order or step a foot in one of this places.

Until I switched to COB lights my buckets were always 77 to 80. Hydroguard and/or Z7 has kept me growing with no problems.
Hydroguard i want to get i can't get it here, i Use SM-90 at the moment and it seems do ok. COB lights i assume this is the standard LED i most LED mfr today, like mars hydro and so on?

.......COB lights i assume this is the standard LED i most LED mfr today, like mars hydro and so on?

Chip On Board lights. LED but brilliant white instead of the blue-purple, and they use much less electricity than the blurple lights too. I'm running 1 light per plant at about 0.5 amp each.

Back
Top Bottom