Planted the clones finally

bipolar

I planted the clones the morning of boxing day.They were 20 days old.
Crop King CB Dream.
They survived their first 18 hour light cycle under 2 Mars Epistar 160 LEDs.
A couple were a bit wilted this morning but the rest looked healthy.

I am curious how long before I should see growth.

Bipolar

IMG_351119.JPG

Yesterday was day 3 under the lights. one was slightly wilted this morning. I lightly misted it with water.
No signs of growth yet.

Bipolar

The lights look a little close to me for that size of plant. Those are some pretty strong lights.

Do you have roots in the water?

There really should be no reason to need to mist them unless the lights are to close or the roots are not in the water yet.

That is a sign of what they are needing.(ie less light and or more water)

I will pull a little bit of roots through the basket so they can touch water on day one and then pour water over the hyrdroton twice a day for 2 or 3 days just to help the roots spread.

Do you have Hydroton or something like it in the baskets?

I can not see any. Just make sure no light can get into the rez from the baskets.

They should really start to take off next week.

Good Luck to You...

I am using neoprene pucks to support them. I lifted the plywood cover and most of them have
2 to 3 inches of roots growing out of the mesh pots. 2 of them don't have roots and I will probably loose them.
With the exception of the 2 that don't have roots yet none of the rest are wilted after 18 hours under the lights.
I am going to try and get some Hydroton for my next grow.

Bipolar

Today is day 13 since I planted them. They grew a lot the last 2 days.
Should I be topping them soon?

IMG_352717.JPG

To me they it still looks like they are getting way to much light.

That is keeping them short and compact.

I like to top when they about 12'' tall.

Here is what I am talking about.

Just one of those lights will more then cover the light needed for all of those plants and that is with the light at 30"
From MarsHydro
Coverage area: for one Epistar 160

Veg: 8 sq ft (24" x 48") @ 30" above canopy
Flower: 6 sq ft (24" x 36") @ 18-24" above canopy

You look to have the lights at about 20" and look to be running both.

That is what you want for flower not veg.

If that is so it is far more light then is needed and it is slowing down your plants.

Do a test.

Turn one of them off for two days and see if those plants under it start to grow faster then the ones under the one that is on.

To me they it still looks like they are getting way to much light.

That is keeping them short and compact.

I like to top when they about 12'' tall.

Here is what I am talking about.

Just one of those lights will more then cover the light needed for all of those plants and that is with the light at 30"
From MarsHydro
Coverage area: for one Epistar 160

Veg: 8 sq ft (24" x 48") @ 30" above canopy
Flower: 6 sq ft (24" x 36") @ 18-24" above canopy

You look to have the lights at about 20" and look to be running both.

That is what you want for flower not veg.

If that is so it is far more light then is needed and it is slowing down your plants.

Do a test.

Turn one of them off for two days and see if those plants under it start to grow faster then the ones under the one that is on.

Some people prefer to grow shorter plants... as long as they aren't getting burned or running from the light I'd say they are fine. You can see a few of his plants reaching towards the light which is a good sign, and also a few that are clawed. I believe the clawing is from a hot nitrogen load more than anything. My plants didn't get get 12" tall before flip..

757f8c254109d2a7c1e30ce849074659.jpg

I raised the lights to about 36" above the plants. I still have both on.
I don't know if one light will cover the area about 30" x 36".
Should I go down to one light or will raising them be enough?

I raised the lights to about 36" above the plants. I still have both on.
I don't know if one light will cover the area about 30" x 36".
Should I go down to one light or will raising them be enough?

36" should be fine with both of those on.

See how they react to the move a little lower if needed..

I would have them at 30" and let them grow up into them and then keep them at 24 to 30" thru veg.

They should really start to take off in just a few days.

That is what I love about DWC.

Those are some nice lights and you should do well with them.

I would wait a few days until they start to take off before topping.

But that is just how I do mine.

I want 8 to 10 colas.

I top once and then just remove a few of the top fan leaves to let light down into the middle of the plant.

I want to end up with the shape of a upside down xmas tree.

It will want to grow like a right side up xmas tree without topping and grow smaller buds down low.

I just want colas and mid sized buds. So I lollipop up about 25 to 30% week 3 of flower.

Good luck to you! You are well on your way now....

Today is day 17 and they are starting to really grow.
Some of them grew over an inch last night.
They are on a 18/6 light cycle.

IMG_353112.JPG

It does depend on the plants structure.

But I will let them get about 12" tall and have about 6 or 8 limbs and then I will top and remove a couple of the very top fan leaves to let light down into the center of the plant and to start getting more vertical growth.

When I move them into the flower tent I will clean them up a little. A lot of the time I will take the bottom two limbs off and make clones of them and any other growth I know I am not going to be wanting and most times I will take a few of the very top fans off to give light to what will be what I call the second cut.

I really only what colas and the second cut of good sized bubs just below the colas. I only grow for myself and what I give to my friends. I don't want any popcorn buds.

So at week 3 of flower(or when stretch stops.) I will lollipop up about 30% and clean out any suckers and anything that is not going to get good light goes.

That will make the colas and second cut larger and then I am not having to trim or through out popcorn.

But that is just how I do it. Your needs may be different.

I pretty much only smoke flower and I want to be smoking the best flower.

That comes from the colas first and then the second cut.

Day 21 and they are coming along really good. I trimmed all the old ragged leaves
from when I planted them and the 2 lowest shoots on each plant the day before yesterday.
That seemed to slow down growth for the next light cycle.
They are all 6 to 8 inches tall and look healthy.

IMG_354113.JPG

Back
Top Bottom