Thoughts about using H202?

phatz06

I started a grow from clone about 5 weeks ago...just a single plant. 18hours light using HPS (1000w) a day.
Hydroton media

I've been using FoxFarm Nutrients and they've worked well for me...or at least well enough. I usually use Silica as well during the vegetative stage.

I've read good things about using H202 as well, so decided to try it this time.

That being said, this time...there hasn't been an EXPLOSION of growth. The plant is still pretty small...maybe 18" tall if I were to straighten it up. The main trunk of the plant is only about a dime-width which is also not normal for me...usually quarter plus by now.

Since H202 is the only thing different...I'm wondering if that could be the cause? Or maybe I just got a bum clone?

What is everyone's thoughts about using H202?

For some reason a lot of people here seem think of H2O2 as a magic potion that oxygenates, purifies, sanitizes, etc. etc., when in reality in my opinion at best it doesn't do much of anything and at worst as you said it burns the roots.

The one valid use that I have seen for it is treating infected roots in a hydroponic tank.

Like most secret sauce, I think you're better off without it.

Yeah sounds like. I didn't put any in the mix this week. Was going to start flowering next, but I might go another week vegetative see if I can recover any size. Thanks for response.

h202 kills bacteria , it's a fact

it looks like you think it does other stuff as well , also from what I understand you think h202 remains in solution ... well it doesn't h202 is not a stable molecule , like water , the O will unbind and form O2 or other molecules depending on what you have in the res, that will take anywhere between a few minutes and a few hours depending on how much you use .

if you don't have root rot h2o2 will have no effect on your plant , whatever free oxygen is in there is in such a small ammount it will not change your DO or anything.

ih if you use bennies , h2o2 will kill those suckers too.

before getting hydroguard i used h2o2 to fight root rot, i didnt get all into the exact amounts down to the ML. just a cracked the h2o2 open and gave it a couple squirts. if i had to give an amount in measurement terms. kinda like " one for me...and one for the homies" if that makes any sense lol..as far as a mircle for growth, not so much

Back in time before there was z7, Hydroguard and other things like those.

H2O2 was one option for doing Hydro. I tried it a long time ago. It will help kill off root rot.

But that comes at to high of a price for me. It really only last a very short time in your rez.

It nukes everything in you rez and the bad stuff seems to grow back faster then the good stuff so once you start down that path you are chasing your tail in my eyes.

I gave it up years ago and never looked back.

Now I just use z7,nutes and tap water and have not had a root issue in years.

Back in time before there was z7, Hydroguard and other things like those.

H2O2 was one option for doing Hydro. I tried it a long time ago. It will help kill off root rot.

But that comes at to high of a price for me. It really only last a very short time in your rez.

It nukes everything in you rez and the bad stuff seems to grow back faster then the good stuff so once you start down that path you are chasing your tail in my eyes.

I gave it up years ago and never looked back.

Now I just use z7,nutes and tap water and have not had a root issue in years.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Cool water, aeration, circulation, sanitation! ;)

Back
Top Bottom