Harvest a pound every three weeks! The Stinkbud way

ACGrow-Brain

First off let me say that this idea is adopted from a very generous and well-mannered fellow by the name of Stinkbud. He has been featured in High Times and many newsletters for his innovative, yet simple, growing style.

Now we have to ask, why is this system special?

Well this system is special because it allows you to have time schedules to harvest a pound every three weeks. This system does require coordination, but if done right, you can be on your way to 100% success rate.

I will show you how to build your own cloning, veg, and flower units so you keep your precious plants thriving. and cycling.

What makes this easy is that you will use the same kind of pumps for every system, 396 GPH ecoplus pumps. and all EZ-clone items.

Re: Harvest a pound every three weeks!!!! The Stinkbud way

Now on to the cloning unit. Try to get an 18 gal Rubbermaid Roughneck, I found em at my local Lowes store. In my experience most others will leak unless you use silicone, weather stripping etc.

You use 1/2 inch PVC pipe along with PVC glue to build the spraying unit, and your 396 GPH Pump.

Stink uses 11/64" drill bit to drill the holes for the sprayer, and so do I.

You will need to cut your 1/2" PVC pipe into 8: 7 in lengths, 1: 2 1/2 in, and 2: 1 1/2 in. lengths.

To build the cloning unit you will first wanna constuct each side on the sprayer before the middle part of the H. This means attaching an elbow and a T to a 7 in length

then take a 1 1/2 in length to the T, then another T, then same thing for the other side.

The down spout that goes to the pump is last to be put on. and dont forget to use endcaps for the legs.

To drill your holes take a marker and put marks in the center of each of the T's on the sides, then put marks a half inch from the end of each elbow, and then 3 1/4 " to the middle of each 7" length. do that for both sides and then insert your sprayers.

Now comes the lid, you will use 2" net pots, neoprene inserts, and 2" hole saw to make the lid uniform.

Start by making a mark directly in the middle of the container lid, then measure 4 3/4" down and up from that. make your marks, then measure over 4" left and right of the center mark and all the way to the sides, then 4 3/4" down and up from all the middle marks.

Your lid should look like a grid of pen marks now and if you want you can add more than 15 holes to 23 holes by marking down and up from between each of the pen marks by 2 3/8". You can kinda eyeball this, and they should be centered between the others.

Once your done take your 2" hole saw and cut your holes, then clean it up with a knife. both top and bottom of the lid. Then mark a spot for the cord of your pump to exit(towards one of the ends), and cut and clean it up. Fill the holes with 2" net pots with 2" neoprene inserts in them.

For the exit hole on your cord, cut one of the neoprene inserts to fit around the cord to make the cloner water-tight. fill with water up to below the sprayers, add 150 ml of cloning SOLUTION, and your good to go.
aerocloner.jpg

cloner01.jpg

cutting04.jpg

The cloning unit should be placed under t5 HO fluoescents, or your favorite CFLs. I dont use a MH on them because if you give a cutting everything it needs to live without roots, then it will. otherwise I give them just enough of everything so that those babies pop roots

I know you guys still have a lot of questions. What timer do I have it set on? What about nutrients?
hold on im getting to that.

The timer is a bit expensive, I use a Recycling CAP-DNe timer. 1 minute on and 5 minutes off. This is the best way to get the roots plenty of oxygen and keeping them wet when they pop.

The clones also stay in the Cloning unit for 3 weeks, then they move to the veg unit.

The veg unit is made from 2 of the 18 gal roughnecks stacked on top of each other. The reason for this is to prevent the roots from dipping down and clogging your pump.
and ALLL of the systems are set to 1 minute on and 5 minutes off, same timer for every pump.

Alright guys here goes, the Veg unit is similar to the coning unit, except that you use two roughneck rubbermaids on top of each other. You wanna cut holes large enough in the top and bottom roughneck to let the PVC pipe come up.

Ive also included a picture of an ball valve, I use the ball valve to check my PH, PPM, and temp of res water, to keep my nutrients up to date, and keep everything rolling smoothly.
aeroveg.jpg

veg011.jpg

veg04.jpg

veg_photos02.jpg

Now that you guys have the general idea, lets talk about nutrients. Stinkbud advocated Organic nutrients, and so will I. He uses the Botanicare line, and here is what the mix is for the Veg unit:

Botanicare Nutrients:
126ML Cal-Mag Plus
180ML Liquid Karma
540ML Pure Bend Pro Vegetative Formula

for this type of grow you will need a PH meter, and TDS meter and thats about it. for your nutrient levels, I start at about 1500 PPM for the first week of veg and raise to 2000 PPM for the 2nd and 3rd week of veg.

Now your wondering how to clean this bad boy, and when right? Well the whole system should be light and air-tight, so you will be scrubbing and cleaning every time you take a harvest. So everytime you take a harvest you will be cleaning and clearing one of the flowering units, and then you have to fill the flower unit with the vegging plants, clean the veg unit, and the veg unit needs to be refilled from the cloning unit, so you refill the veg unit and clean your cloning units. I keep plenty of extra sprayers and neoprene inserts around for when I harvest. I use totally clean items.

now for those who need extra instructions on nutrients and PPM here we go. when you use a RO machine your PPM in your water should be at 0. so when you add nutrients your PPM goes up. with the nutrient formula, mix those nutrients in an old milk jug and just add as needed. Since its not like you have to clean every single week you wonder when you change the nutes, you dont, you just take a PPM reading and either add water or add more nutes to the res.

Here are a few things to remember when setting up your system, remember how much time you need to flower each strain.

So choose a strain that finishes in 8-9 weeks. Also lets not forget about lighting.

I use fluorescents for my clones, a 400w MH light for my veg and 2 600w HPS for the flowering room.

and this should give you guys an idea on how to construct the flowering unit, which offers support for each of your flowering plants.
flower02.jpg

aero01.jpg

aero02.jpg

endcap.jpg

frame01.jpg

frame02.jpg

frame03.jpg

frame04.jpg

Now that you have the idea, lets talk about flowering nutrients, its the same concept with replaceing nutrients for the veg system, but here we go: all botanicare line btw

Botanicare Nutrients:
126ml Cal-Mag Plus
150ml Sweet
180ml Liquid Karma
540mlL Pure Bend Pro Bloom

and you should run 2000 ppm all the way until flush mates. Spread the love

And if you guys dont understand the whole Perpetual harvest thing the deal is, you have 3 seperate flowering sites, and you flower for 9 weeks, well every three weeks your filling up another flowering site, so you just keep on refilling.

Well you could literally turn this system into a pound or more harvest every week by just increasing the amount of flowerin systems, veg systems, and cloning units.

Flower unit assembly by Stinkbud

Step 1 – Cutting the ¾” PVC Pipe for the Frame
1) 4 - 41” lengths (label plant support)
2) 4 - 20” lengths (label “H”)
3) 6 - 4 1/8” lengths (label fence post holder)
4) 3 - 14 3/4” lengths (label 1- “H” and 2 -“end”)
5) 4 - 18” lengths (label plant support leg)
6) 4 - 12” lengths (label plant support leg)
7) 4 - 2” lengths (label end)
8) 2 - 12 1/2“ (label front)
9) 2 - 13 1/2” (label back)
Step 2 – Preassemble Your Frame
1) Start with the ends. Use 4 - Tees and 3 – 4 1/8” lengths to make the fence post holder.
2) Add the legs and bottom Tees. Don’t forget the front and back label!
3) Add the 2” pieces to the bottom of the Tees
4) Add the Elbows to the 2” pieces. Make sure the elbows are facing toward each other.
5) Connect the Elbows with the 14 ¾” pieces. The ends should be complete now.
6) Now make the bottom “H” using 2 - Tees, 4 – 20” pieces and 1 – 14 ¾” piece.
7) Connect the two ends together using the “H”.
8) Create your plant supports using the 4 – 41” lengths and 4 – Elbows.
9) Add the 12” and 18” plant support legs and place the plant supports into the frame.
10) If everything fits then take the unit apart and glue all the pieces together. Be careful, the glue
dries fast!
Step 3 – Assemble the Fence Posts
1) Measure and mark the 2” net pot holes (according to the plans).
2) Clean up the holes with the Exacto knife.
3) Put a large bead of Silicone inside 2 of the end caps and place them on the back end of the fence
posts.
4) Run a bead of Silicone around the edges of the end cap and let the posts dry
5) Cut the bottom ¼” off of the 2 end caps. Use a small drill drum sander to sand an opening for the
sprayer pipe assembly. A Dremel tool works well too.
6) Place the fence posts on the frame and use large cable ties to hold it in place.
Step 6 – Cutting the Sprayer Assembly Pipe
1) 2 - 3” lengths
2) 2 - 2” lengths
3) 2 - 47” lengths
4) 1 - 11 1/2” length
Step 7 – Assembling the Sprayer Unit
1) Drill ten 11/64” holes in the 47” length pipes according to the plans
2) Use pliers to insert the EZ-Cloner sprayers into the holes
3) Attach end caps and elbows to the sprayer pipes
4) Put the 2” pipes into the elbows
5) Combine the two sprayers together with a Tee
6) Add another 2” piece to the Tee and a downward facing Tee to that
7) Attach the last 2” piece to the Tee.
8) Attach the ball valve and garden hose adapter to the last piece
9) Try it out in the fence posts and if everything looks good, glue it all together.
Step 8 – The Container Lid
1) Put the container and lid under the fence post and draw a drain hole under the fence posts.
2) Cut out the holes with a utility knife and clean up the edge with the small drum sander.
3) Drill a 2” hole for the pump pipe.
4) Cut a large access hole with the utility knife. Leave one edge attached to make a flap that can be
closed.
Step 9 – Final Assembly
1) Place the pump into the container and run the 11 ½” pipe through the lid.
2) Put the sprayer assembly into the fence posts.
3) Put the container under the frame and attach the pump pipe to the sprayer assembly.
4) Apply a few small drops of silicon the drain end caps and place them on the fence posts. Don’t
use much silicon because you want to be able to remove the caps when needed.
5) Fill the containers and place empty net pots with collars into the fence posts.
6) Check for leaks. If everything is OK then you are done! Congratulations!!!
Step 10 – Mixing the Nutrient Formula
Botanicare Nutrients:
1) 126ml Cal-Mag Plus
2) 150ml Sweet
3) 180ml Liquid Karma
4) 540ml Pure Bend Pro Bloom
Mix all the nutrients together in a gallon jug and top off with water. Shake well!
Step 11 – Setup and Conclusion
1) Add 15 Gal. of water. (approx.) to the reservoir
2) Add nutrient mix until the meter reaches 2000 PPM
3) Adjust the PH to 5.8
4) Fill the flower unit with your favorite strains from the veg unit.
5) Set your cycle timer to one minute on and five minutes off.
6) Enjoy your new Aeroponic system!!! You should see some amazing buds in no time!
7) Don’t forget to pass the love on…

Thanks palehorse, The Stinkbud way is effiecient, simple, and grows huge beautiful buds. Even though I am not Stinkbud himself I can still answer any question you guys may have about this system, because I have been growing in it for a while.

Its all about simplicity, and THANK YOU STINKBUD for coming up with this system, spread the love!

Thanks palehorse, The Stinkbud way is effiecient, simple, and grows huge beautiful buds. Even though I am not Stinkbud himself I can still answer any question you guys may have about this system, because I have been growing in it for a while.

Its all about simplicity, and THANK YOU STINKBUD for coming up with this system, spread the love!

This is awesome! I hope that eventually I will have the space available to do something of this magnitude:smokin:... Here's to hoping!

thanks for this bro, I plan on building a hydro setup pretty soon and this gives me some great ideas for it!

One question though, since you have to move the plants twice (clone to veg, veg to flower), do you ever have issues with the roots becoming tangled in the pvc pipe or tangled with eachother? I can see this becoming a problem if you veg for too long.

I priced up parts to build a cloner very similar to the one you posted, only instead of having a ton of sites, it only has 6 sites. Everything else is the same as far as the design goes. The total for all these parts is $41.64. Not a bad DIY project considering some cloners go anywhere from $300-$800

these idea are good, but stinkbud has re-modifiied all these systems listed here, I saw these ideas probably 2 years ago. Not to mention the cloners have been modified over and over. The u-shaped manifold is no longer that design, and asyou can see, the roots are not supposed to be dirty like that.

Back
Top Bottom