My DIY Autoflower Grow Room

TriangleCheese

Hi guys,

I have just finished the autoflower grow closet. I use 2x85 cool and 1x65 warm white cfls. I will swich to 2x65 warm and 1x85 for flowering. I used a tempered glass to seperate grow section from the light section. 2 holes in the top back has 2 fans as exhausts. I am planning an inlet fan for the grow section. Also I have just found a humidifier that is right for this closet. 2 Exodus Cheese autoflower plants from Greenhouse Seeds. Check it out.
IMG_012458.JPG
IMG_012356.JPG

Looks cool. Lose the glass and make your lights adjustable. The glass will filter your light and cut down on the intensity and the lights need to be 3-4 inches from the plants to prevent stretch. If that's tin foil on the walls you should change it out to mylar because tin foil creates hot spots and really isn't that good at reflecting light.

Are those exposed wire tips on your sockets?!?!
Remember, you're dealing with water here.... misting.... watering.... whatever....
Bad juju my friend. Cover ANY exposed wiring.
Get those power outlets off the ground too.... any water will pool on the ground after all.

Go with white paint... and yes, loose the glass... it appears clear to your eye, but is absorbing lumens.
Nice design... very clean. Luv all the fans.

They have good diy cfl light fixtures on utube. I am new. Thanks for shareing I will be watching. They also have dyi reflectors on utube. It will make all the difference by getting them lights around 3 inchs from the plants.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using 420

Oh about that. Plants are very young right now. You can see the books under the plants basically doing the same thing. I will rise them in 3 or 4 weeks once they prove their strength. 3 inches is a good information btw thanks for that. I was not aware that I can bring them this closer. Also I got some more heat issues and I think those will be solved when I bring an inlet fan. Then I will use more books and finally paint inside and isolate the open cables. I am planning to post of those 2 guys frequently. Thx for all the info. More is welcome.

Hey guys,

Finally I got the cabin working. Besides being safer and more efficient , the cabin looks prettier also. No more foil rustling anymore :)

I am still planning of an inlet fan but the humidifier solved the heat problem and I am letting fresh air into the room everyday. That may not be an issue.

PS: Photo looks very dark. I don't know why but I can clearly see the difference between the foil and the paint. Much better...

Here are the final pictures,
IMG_013144.JPG
IMG_013236.JPG
IMG_013351.JPG

Looks much better but you really should at least pull that glass out. Especially if it starts to collect moisture from the humidifier. And you should place something under the plants to get them closer to those lights. Cfl lumens don't travel well. If you have 1000 lumen at 3 inches you might have 300 at 12 inches. There's a chart for this somewhere.

Actually I don't want the glass too. But when I removed it the heat went up pretty much. I will pay great attention for the glass to stay clean.

About the light intensity, I made an a lumen vs area Excel chart for CFL and I have more than enough light for this cabin. I know more is better but sometimes you have to stick with what you got :)

I am looking for more books to rise the plants a little bit more btw :)

just wondering what the bowl is for in the front?

its looks pretty bad ass. u need to bring the lights down much lower or bring the plants up much higher... and the glass needs to go as well as the tin foil
:goodjob:

my bad i just saw about the tinfoil lol... and bringing the plants up :):Namaste:

I used to use the bowl for humidity. You can see in the pictures below the first post all the problems that you mention are solved. We are going for bloom in 1 or 2 days depending on the reaction for the lst that I have done this morning. 6 weeks of vegetation seems to work with autoflowers so far. I hope buds will develop properly in this short bloom period :)

Back
Top Bottom