Light stand for vertical grow!

gr865

Just completed the light stand for my 5 plant vertical screen winter grow. it sits over a 12" 3 speed fan blowing vertical and a secondary fan as needed.
Here is a pic of the lamp stand for the 400W HPS to fit over the fan, finished today.
20161130_140637.jpg

Changing the height of the lamp will be done by changing the lengths of the 4 lamp braces, noted by the red arrows. I use a lot of PVC pipe in my biz and have tons of scrap from each job, so I will cut lengths at 2" progression. Should work well. I do not feel it will need to be raised more than 8 to 12" overall, but can go higher if needed.
20161130_140626_2.jpg

Here is a pic of the overall setup. Screens were not complete when this picture was taken.
20161130_140550.jpg

6" Can filter and 6" Vortex exhaust fan with an Ideal Air Variable speed controller. Air is drawn into the room via a 6" duct from an adjacent room will be able to heat or cool as needed. Air exits via ducting into the garage.

Awesome setup! I'm gonna check out the journal now

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sorry buddy,

My plans got put on hold when my seeds took over two months to get here.
I instead am just doing a two plant horizontal grow with around 700W of light.

I will be starting the Vertical 5 plant grow sometime in early summer for a fall harvest.

But thanks for the comment!

GR

Can you explain this vertical grow? Looks like pots would be on the inside of the screen. So it would be light, plant, screen. Seems the screen would go in between plant and light. Am I missing something from the picture? Can you provide more detail? Interested in how this works!

Sent from mikeytv

Can you explain this vertical grow? Looks like pots would be on the inside of the screen. So it would be light, plant, screen. Seems the screen would go in between plant and light. Am I missing something from the picture? Can you provide more detail? Interested in how this works!

Sent from mikeytv

Instead of it being like a vertical SCROG the plants are tied back to the screen, not weaved thru it. Here you can see the yellow soft ties holding the branches to the screen.
20161018_133312.jpg

I rebuilt my screens making them wider and did not have anymore of the SS wire to mount to the frames. So I use orange safety netting.
There will be reflective material behind the screens to reflect light back to the plants.
20161207_094622_2_.jpg

The screens are movable to allow for moving toward or away from the lights. This will be stacked lights, look to do two 315W CMH's if I can get a good price on another 315. If not it will be a 315W as the top light and a 400W HPS as the lower light. This pic shows the upper light, now add the light stand from the above picture and that is stacked lights.
20160811_202332.jpg

I hope this explains it, any more questions just ask. Not sure they will let me post this here but this is a great lead in to vertical growing.
if they don't let this post you can find it at ICmag.com, in the search at that site type in Indoor Vertical Grow Systems 101 by MyGreenToe.
Indoor Vertical Grow Systems 101 - Vertical / Colosseum Growing - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums
If you go there check out Marlo's grow, The WOW Thread!

GR

Instead of it being like a vertical SCROG the plants are tied back to the screen, not weaved thru it. Here you can see the yellow soft ties holding the branches to the screen.
20161018_133312.jpg

I rebuilt my screens making them wider and did not have anymore of the SS wire to mount to the frames. So I use orange safety netting.
There will be reflective material behind the screens to reflect light back to the plants.
20161207_094622_2_.jpg

The screens are movable to allow for moving toward or away from the lights. This will be stacked lights, look to do two 315W CMH's if I can get a good price on another 315. If not it will be a 315W as the top light and a 400W HPS as the lower light. This pic shows the upper light, now add the light stand from the above picture and that is stacked lights.
20160811_202332.jpg

I hope this explains it, any more questions just ask. Not sure they will let me post this here but this is a great lead in to vertical growing.
if they don't let this post you can find it at ICmag.com, in the search at that site type in Indoor Vertical Grow Systems 101 by MyGreenToe.
Indoor Vertical Grow Systems 101 - Vertical / Colosseum Growing - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums
If you go there check out Marlo's grow, The WOW Thread!

GR

Very cool. Thank you for the details. Very very cool.

Sent from mikeytv

I abandoned the light stand, I was not able to get the 5 plants at equal distance from the lights.
So I have hung both lights vertical and seems to be doing ok.
20170530_100539_3_.jpg

GR

Back
Top Bottom