Help getting started - 1 Plant in 10 gallon fish tank - Bubbleponics

ZzackRaw

Hey everyone!

I've been a stoner for years but this is my first experience growing! I have a little space in my bathroom so I came up with the following:
20170120_132524.jpg

20170120_132557.jpg

20170120_132605.jpg

Shelf, fish tank on top, bubbleponic system above, and custom made frame with mylar. I am using a 20 gallon water pump and CFLs (two at 45 ACTUAL watts).

Today I am picking up my plant and I'm curious about WHAT I should feed it and HOW much. Most guides are for 5 gallon setups. Should I just double the dose or would that be too much for one plant? Also I decided on the fish tank because I thought it would look cool to watch the roots grow, but is this overkill?
Last question, I am doing this to save money on live rosin (as it's all I smoke) and want to yield around 2 ounces if possible. Is there a strain you would suggest best for this based on my situation?

I live in SoCal. Grow space is 20" X 12" by 32" tall and close to a window in case I need to blow air out with a tiny fan for the smell.

Let me know what you think please as I don't want to kill my mini mother :thanks:

you are gunna upgrade that lamp right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I was hoping I could get by with two of these until the plant got bigger and then upgrade the amount of CFLs.
Would one of those LEDs work better?
I want to save money in the long run so I could imagine LED being the way to go.

Also, would it be okay to order this now, and then just replace the setup in a few days when it arrives. My plant is on its way here as I speak. Just swapped out the tank with a normal 5 gallon black bin though. I already invested about $30 in CFLs but fuck it. If it's not going to work I'll invest the extra money.

420-magazine-mobile476306789.jpg

seedling sprout from sept..... took it out to get some sun. 300w got it to this point & you'll won't regret(same light)... & the price is cheap right now. get it!

I was hoping I could get by with two of these until the plant got bigger and then upgrade the amount of CFLs.
Would one of those LEDs work better?
I want to save money in the long run so I could imagine LED being the way to go.
short & bushy because of limited of space. scrog it!!!!

Can't make out properly.
But I want to share my experience about the aquarium for 10 gal, which recently I bought. Luckily, the first day I put the fish in the tank, I acquired an ammonia test kit, water conditioner and quickly learned about the cycling process.

Back
Top Bottom