DIY misting clone machine: cheaper alternative to Ez-Kloner with results

cnile

lots of guides on net for the same one i did.

any question just ask.

will update daily with pics to see what happen and compare to ez-kloner which cost a lot more money.

more details and pics to come

IMG_174731.JPG

some more info on parts
again any question just ask.
res is 17 gallon tote from home depot it was under $10 and they had option for bigger 27 gallon tote for same price.

IMG_176327.JPG
IMG_175421.JPG
IMG_175327.JPG

so now will be updates on how good it works.

current info

2/16/17
T5HO bulbs - 2', 24watt and two of them are on. two bulbs at 30 inch
ill go get a lux reading.
70F res temp
7.5 ph
80ppm (.5 scale) nutes and shit
clones went in with 1 inch roots today 4:30 pm

so ill do all this for however long it takes and next go ill continue to update with lots of changes. ill change res temps and amount of lighting, nutes, additives room humidity and how i prep the mother for clones. of course i wont change it all at once. ill probably do the next go around with same everything except higher res temps of like 77 until roots and see what that did.

tonight ill fill it up

UPDATE - FIRST DAY

2-17-17

cloner - under 24 hours
res temp - 72e
res ph - working towards 5.8 slowly
light - t5HO bulbs, 36 inch away or so - 18/6
pump timer - 1 minute on 3 minutes off
humidity - room humidity 50-60

notes i made:

All these clones were taken from nitrogen starved mothers.
next go around i dont think ill do that again.

in rockwool clones drooped a couple hours after taking and stayed that way for days. in this they drooped slightly at first but once in machine for 20 minutes they perked up and do not look droopy. so far so good.
Also i had a bag seed that sprouted and i kinda ignored. it got all stringy and messed up. what i did was cut stem and stuck it in the machine. i dunno what it is what kinda weed it is or anything. i think i messed it up letting it get stringy cause the stem was like all dried out. so just gonna try it. its in back middle in picture, has 4 leaves tiny tho.

changes i made:
res was getting warm, 74 with constant pump so i put in timer on 1 on 3 off.
res ph was still high from when i made nute solution, ive been ph adjusting to 5.8 when im around

i took a lot of cuttings. i did certian ones certian ways and took note - some long stems, some no nodes, some trimmed, some not.

whatever roots the fastests ill do them all the same as that next go around except for the big change i make to experiment.

just ignore the ones with roots, they are not part of this diy journal.

IMG_177026.JPG
IMG_177420.JPG
IMG_177524.JPG

Update

Days 0-5 no roots

Days 5-7 bumps and roots show

Some stems rotted

Turn timer to 50 sec on 30 min off

Will update when I figure problem and what is best

Day 7:
47230438ed6f8a21ae228b159c4a5245.jpg
a2ed2e7f7fb0bbe972e364edd6f7860e.jpg
0f5f747c97308a9796a0c851225037ef.jpg
5ed9617e363f96489c0971d19d7ad7c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Really nice plan some good ideas for.my build, thanks

Sent from my SM-G360H using 420 Magazine Mobile App

i wouldn't jump into it quite yet. ive learned a lot and could share.

the setup i just made im not going to be using. i transplanted everything that lived last night and chucked the rest.

ill be fixing it tonight.....

a second res (5gal bucket w/ lid) with nute solution on floor level against outside (cold) wall. pump on top of bucket and air pump, two small holes in 5gallon lid for water pump intake, one for air stone hose and third for drain back to 5 gal res from cloner.

also redo the pvc. less heads, smaller pump.

so it worked ok but, no need for extra heat in res, pump can be inline. no need for large res solution, can use 5 gal bucket, change more often,keep cooler and much less money on nutes.

then the air issue. i had no air stone but i had like 10 gallons of water in there. that shit stagnated. so really could do it that way but need airstones, less heads, less water, smaller pump and temps have to stay good.

thats my take on it anyway. i mean i got roots but i want 100% and i want roots showing in 3 days. i know its possible so im not gonna sette yet.

so the cloner worked ok; but problem was was too much water on them, esp how it sprayed em good then dripped down the stem. i noticed the bottom of stem always had a full drop of water on it just waiting to drop off but never did. it rotten multiple that way. too much air without disolved oxygen on them also

i wouldn't have problem sharing experience so far on it if your gonna do one.

ill be fixing and doing pictures and a new test on it as soon as i can get it built, my plants are into the lights so....

I ran a setup like this for years and totally agree with less sprayers. I used 8 in my spray bar and got a good mist. Those spray heads need a lot of volume to atomize the water correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok here we go with another big run.

I'll have 3 set ups

The one with white panda plastic is aero cloner

The black top one is bubbler

The rock wools will go in dome

I'll do them all today.

No nutes just 70ppm fresh water.

Looking for best cloning method and I have real healthy mothers so hope this goes good.

ef7454739d25d7d30345fdb475ed4062.jpg
b026ddbc09a6e21053d0a38ec089fbb7.jpg

Day 8

Looking great

Water temp 68 F
Air temp 70F

Ph 6.8

Nutes
Sensizyme - recommend dose
Liquid microrhozal plant success - recommend dose

Light - 24 watt CFL

60 RH

Best go yet, I'll write up detail and fix this into a guide that includes all trials and errors so maybe others can use the info.

Roots are popping though.

4386b2b35d7b95f80e5de8cddba8a6f7.jpg
63a3ccc7692e11e5ef763a08ae10e6f8.jpg

Here is mother for next one. Will be bubbler and this aero.

ADMIN:

can you erase all my posts here and allow me to edit the first one so i can clean this up to hopefully go in a guide or something

Back
Top Bottom