How best to use new potential Grow Room

NoobBoob

Hi,

We have a double garage that has been converted into a sleep out with the lounge separated from the bedroom.
Under the bedroom floor is a car pit measuring 1.2 meters H 90cm wide 4 meters long.
I was planning to drop a tent down there but im struggling to find a tent smaller than 1.2 . I'd prefer a plug n play tent system because I have no idea how to rig fans, lights etc myself.

So now thinking to use the pit as is the walls and floor are concreted I'll probably use half the length to keep it simple,keep bits for garden firm there etc. Im painting walls with F/W paint and probably use SoG method to grow because of height restrictions. Or would it be easier to build a grow box down there ?
Any ideas how I could best use this space.

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is this a stealth operation- and are you potentially trying to hide it from guests up above?

Another thought- which is fairly pointless now- but what popped in to my head halfway though your post- you could presumably buy a tent and modify it to shorten it, if you wanted to put in the time and effort.

Hi Weasel

Stealth grow but I'll be living in there.
Never thought to shorten tent I have seen spare poles and corner pieces online shops. Thanks for the inspiration I'd rather desk with a tent

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've never even seen a tent in real life. Always grown in rooms and sheds. It obviously has a floor. I'm guessing -cut around the lower walls a foot up or so- maybe incorporating the vent in this part if there is one down there, then overlap the upper part of the resulting two pieces on outside the lower piece, maybe after removing a bit of material from the upper part for shortening purposes. Tape it and/or glue it together and that will be that, other than maybe some reworking of the lower vent and any other ports.
And- obviously a quick hacksawing of the poles.

EDIT- second thoughts but I'm too lazy to reword it. I would inset upper section inside the lower one. That way any internal moisture or spills (though hopefully there would be neither) would run inside the walls. Although with a decent glue of whatever kind is appropriate for the material, it would be well sealed anyway. But as you probably know it's always best to work around water-flow direction when you can.

Back
Top Bottom