Electrical component question for wiring driver to AC power cord

hempofthedead

okay guys quick question.. i have a driver, and an ac power cord. both have 3 wires. solder them together, boom the wire has power.... AND there are 3 AC leads left exposed.

my question is what options or products exist to insulate that wire, preferably in a weatherproof and/or 'professional' way. for instance, on like the timber frameworks in the picture, it looks like the AC side of the driver turns into a 'plug' that looks to maybe be sealed enough to be 'weatherproof'. are people using 'heat shrinks'?

any advice on cleaning up the AC side of the build with specific part numbers or links would be very helpful.. thank yuou!!!

I'm a little worried giving advice here because of what u are asking......

To join two wires twist them together tight and screw on a marette leaving NO bare non-insulated wire exposed at the bottom. If u want it weatherproof buy an outdoor electrical box and terminate in there. A few more questions u should be asking before doing this. If yer gonna do that are both sets of wires outdoor rated? What gauge are they and what is the power draw on them?

Honestly if you don't know for sure about wiring u shouldn't be doing it. I've seen all kinds of scary shit work from dudes that, "knew" what they were doing and could easily have caused a fire. Pretty well everything u need can be bought ready to plug in with no electrical knowledge. Might cost a bit more than DIY but less than a electrician or a fire.

Back
Top Bottom