First grow planning - Big enough grow box?

papajohn77

Hey all!, Ive been researching on this site for a couple months and I really would like to start my own grow.
I want it to be a micro stealth grow with only one or two plants, start off small, get my feet wet.

I think I am just going to build a grow cabinet out of plywood. That way it will have the specifications that I want and I know how much room I will have to grow. But my question is, if I wanted to grow two of these autos, what would the dimensions have to be to have enough room?

The strain I want to use is Heavyweight Fast and Vast Autoflower from Herbies.
My lighting would be most likely 130 watts (or more) of CFL's a mixture of 6500k and 2700k.

I would use a small ventilation system made of two 80mm computer PC fan as an exhaust and intake with a small desk fan inside (hanging) The exhaust would blow into a carbon filter

(homemade from this post ---> The Best Diy Ez Walmart Carbon Filter for Micro Grows Zen Style | Rollitup

My reflective material would be flat white paint as I've read its the easiest reflective surfaces to work with and its cheap.

Im planning to start seeding with a simple organic, no nutes soil for seeding then transplant into 70%FFOF 30% Perlite

I would also like to SCROG my plant in order to maximize yields for such a small space.

any ideas or feedback on my plans for this grow would be appreciated!

Hey all!, Ive been researching on this site for a couple months and I really would like to start my own grow.
I want it to be a micro stealth grow with only one or two plants, start off small, get my feet wet.

I think I am just going to build a grow cabinet out of plywood. That way it will have the specifications that I want and I know how much room I will have to grow. But my question is, if I wanted to grow two of these autos, what would the dimensions have to be to have enough room?

The strain I want to use is Heavyweight Fast and Vast Autoflower from Herbies.
My lighting would be most likely 130 watts (or more) of CFL's a mixture of 6500k and 2700k.

I would use a small ventilation system made of two 80mm computer PC fan as an exhaust and intake with a small desk fan inside (hanging) The exhaust would blow into a carbon filter

(homemade from this post ---> The Best Diy Ez Walmart Carbon Filter for Micro Grows Zen Style | Rollitup

My reflective material would be flat white paint as I've read its the easiest reflective surfaces to work with and its cheap.

Im planning to start seeding with a simple organic, no nutes soil for seeding then transplant into 70%FFOF 30% Perlite

I would also like to SCROG my plant in order to maximize yields for such a small space.

any ideas or feedback on my plans for this grow would be appreciated!

Sounds like you have some great ideas cooking.

Idk that i would scrog autos then again ive never grown autos so i dont know.

As for everything else sounds like a solid idea.
Now all you have to do is draw it up and build it.

How much room do you have for your box?
What dimensions were you considering?

With a little more infor as to what is actually doable for you we can help you build exactly what you need and try to keep it in a budget.

Hope you find the answers your looking for and hope you get growing soon.

I have the same exact question, except a couple different auto strains. I was considering building a box that is 39"Tx22"Wx16"D. I would like to grow one auto plant in a 4.75 gallon DWC system that is 8" high. So with the 8" container in there I would end up with only 31" of space left for upward growth. That is not counting the lights. I've been thinking a small LED panel but I don't know if I would need 45W, 90W, or 300W or something in between to get the most out of an auto in that small space.

Back
Top Bottom